We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight in to Morocco

Seattle, Washington
4 posts
Save Topic
Flight in to Morocco

I plan on flying into Casablanca, and then catching another flight into Marrakech. These two flights are booked separately with different airlines (Delta coming into Casablanca, Royal Air into Marrakech).

How much time do you think it will take to switch planes? Will I have to go through customs in Casablanca, or will I do that in Marrakech?

If I did have to go through customs in Casablanca, then would that mean that I cannot have my luggage moved to the final destination without re-checking in?

I'm wondering if I can accomplish this in two hours. Otherwise, I'll be getting in to Marrakech after dark, which doesn't seem ideal.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight in to Morocco

I have not done exactly what you're doing, but 2 hours is usually enough...although sometimes it cuts a little close, depending on lines etc. And you will have to go through customs - and although Royal Air Maroc is Delta affiliate, since its a different ticket, you will have to pick up and recheck your bags. The Casa airport is not too huge, so 2 hours should be okay for the transfer.

Also, I'm not sure if you were aware, but you can also catch the train to Marrakech right from the Casa airport, and the train stops right in the heart of Marrakech. The airport train would actually take you the main Casa train station, where you'd catch the direct line to Marrakech (and its a small station so you would maybe just walk over 1 platform or so to the Marrakech train line.) The train cost a few dollars, and takes about 3 hours travel time, but may ultimately get you there faster than the plane.

Either way, good luck!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,986 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight in to Morocco

I did so recently, came to Casa with Air France and flew to Ouarzazate with RAM so I had to check out and check in again. And I had for me approx 2 hours, everything was going only good. I had gone through the customs in Casa.

3. Re: Flight in to Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 21:01
Seattle, Washington
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight in to Morocco

Thanks for the advice.

Haven't booked the flight from Casablanca yet.

I'm hearing a good case for the train. Can I book in advance? If so, can I do it online? Are schedules available online?

My number one goal is to avoid getting stuck in the Casablanca airport for an extended period of time.

5. Re: Flight in to Morocco

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 21:01
6. Re: Flight in to Morocco

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2013, 10:17