We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for 5 day tour in Morocco

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice for 5 day tour in Morocco

Hi there! I am in need of some travel advice please. My husband and I are heading to Marrakech in a few weeks time and we will be there from Sunday to the following Sunday. We want to spend at least 5 days travelling around Morocco and are in two minds whether to book a tour from the UK or wait till we get to Marrakech and book something from there. We've found a 5 day tour that takes us from Marrakech to Dade Gorge- Todra Gorge-Erfoud-Erg Chebbi Dunes- Ouarzazate-Telouat then back to Marrakech. The tour is €400 and includes all the travel, accomodation, dinners and entry to sites (the cheapest quote I got from travel companies for a 5 day tour was £570). Has any one out there waited till they arrived in Morocco to book a tour? Did you feel like you got a good deal? Was the price better than booking from the UK? Anything we need to look out for?? Any advice would be hugely appreciated! Thank you!

Kat

M & A Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Rough Tours
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Marrakech Guided Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
1. Re: Advice for 5 day tour in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 November 2012, 14:35
Edited: 15 November 2012, 14:35
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,746 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for 5 day tour in Morocco

Hi Kat,

Maybe a pinch of salt is required for number 1's reply, if they have only used the one company how can it be "the best in Morocco"?

The price you have been quoted seems reasonable.

You may be able to reduce this by negociation with another company when you are here.

Your other option is to hire a car and drive yourselves. There is a lot of information and advice posted already on the forum about this so use the search box above your post to find advice from previous visitors.

Car hire is not expensive here and it would not be necessary for a 4 wheel drive under normal circumstances.

Edited: 13 November 2012, 00:00
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,779 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for 5 day tour in Morocco

I am agree with shimmin. Renting a car is NOT expensive and you not need 4x4 in the desert (only if you want to go to Erg Chigaga sand dunes). In Atlas, as I know it is also OK with normal car since you not want to go to off road.

And you can do your trip self, if you can drive it would be not problem. And it is much more exciting to drive self, you are your own master, stay where you want etc.

If you speak English you can manage you also without problem.

4. Re: Advice for 5 day tour in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 10:17