We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for December 2012 in Morocco

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary for December 2012 in Morocco

Hello good folks of the Morocco Forum I would appreciate you looking at my tentative itinerary and advising how realistic it looks for us (2 people). If anybody thinks it is unrealistic, I would appreciate an honest evaluation (ie) extra day (or to much time) here or there.

12/15/2012 -- Land in Casablanca 1130AM

** Train to Rabat

** Depart Rabat 12/18 Train to Fes

12/20 1 day outing on Supra Bus/Grand Taxi to Volubilis + Meknes

** Depart Fes on 12/22 with Car Rental drive to Marrakech

** Side trip to Tizi-n-Tichka either before or after Marrakech

** Drop Car in Marrakech

12/22 through 12/26 Marrakech

12/26 Rent Car & drive from Marrakech to Safi up the coast

12/29 Arrive in Casablanca

12/30 Depart for home @ 6PM

Cheers!

{z}}}

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,037 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for December 2012 in Morocco

I suppose you will go from Fes to Marrakech via Beni Mellal, or?

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for December 2012 in Morocco

Seems a reasonable itinerary to me, not too rushed. There is no Supratours service to Meknes/Volubilis so a grand taxi it'll need to be. Three days in Rabat is perhaps a day too much. Others may disagree. Prebooking accommodation at this time of year is pretty much essential and I know of several riads here in Marrakech for example that are fully booked already (it is the main high season.) Any particular reason for choosing Safi on the Atlantic coast?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for December 2012 in Morocco

No reason for Safi, but would Essaouria be a better coastal destination ???

Rabat, we read was a better location to start off than Casablanca and get our head around the long distance travel, leaving early on 12/18 for Fes which I read was a very beautiful city. So really only 2-1/2 days in Rabat.

Your advice is appreciated.

Will start booking the Riads NOW.

Thank you ...

{z}}}

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary for December 2012 in Morocco

Safi is a very pleasant little town, renowned for its potteries, but I feel that Essaouira has more to offer. Alternatively since you are renting a car you could drive from Marrakech northwest to El Jadida (another pleasant location) and from there southwards along the coast through Safi and onto Essaouira. Three towns, each with its own character, for the price of one as it were! Or since you intend to end up in Casablanca for your flight home it could be done the other way around, starting off Marrakech to Essaouira.

5. Re: Itinerary for December 2012 in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 16:18