We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merzouga onwards... Grand taxi prices

London, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Merzouga onwards... Grand taxi prices

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to the desert in early April. We have a few days to get to Marrakesh and I would like to see some sights along the way. I'd like more flexibility than the bus can provide. With that in mind I was wondering how much I can expect to pay if I were to take a grand taxi from Merzouga to any of the following destinations?

Tinerhir

Skoura

Ouarzazatte

Could I book the whole taxi for the entire journey or would I need to share and/or split the trip?

Thanks in advance!

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Merzouga onwards... Grand taxi prices

Hi Robstuart82;

Welcome to Morocco Travel forums.

It's much better if you share the grand Taxi because it will much expensive for you to hire it all, as they will charge you triple prices including 5 empty places which means the whole taxi, thus if you can take the Bus from Merzouga Supratours Bus to Tinghir and stop there, then the other time do the same, the Bus will not charge you the extra prices like a Taxi do, as you ca use the bus from place to another, just in case you did not find the Bus availability use the Taxi, but before taking any step check the Bus timetable at www.oncf.ma

good luck.

London, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Merzouga onwards... Grand taxi prices

Hi HamidB499,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have indeed checked the ONCF schedule and it seems the only bus leaving from Merzouga to Tinerhir departs at 08:00, which is probably a little too early for me. I had hoped to stay in the desert for one night, camel it back to the village, shower then leave.

Just to see that I understand you correctly, do you mean to say that if my wife and I were to book the whole taxi we would pay for our two seats plus the four empty places, times three (tripled) !? Or (2+4) x 3 ? That does sound expensive!

Also, I cannot find any information telling me whether the bus stops in Skoura (although I imagine the driver would stop if asked...).

Thanks again.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,407 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Merzouga onwards... Grand taxi prices

Hi,

If you and your wife hire a grand taxi for your exclusive use you pay for 6 seats only.

4. Re: Merzouga onwards... Grand taxi prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 05:16