We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on itinerary

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on itinerary

Hi,

I'm going to Morocco with my husband and our 16 month old daughter for 9 days in the end of March. We are flying in -out of Marrakech. We both like outdoor activities and prefer it over beach-holidays and city-holidays. However our daughter can limit our outdoor activity (and long travel distances). So I need some advice on itinerary...

My initial idea is to rent a car and do the following:

1-2: Marrakech

3: Aït Benhaddou

4-5: atlas Mountains - I see everywhere Toudra Gorges as a must stop - can we spend there 2 days? and do some light hiking? are there better places to go?

6-7: Merzouga - trip to the desert, we would like to spend 2 nights there

8-9: way back to Marrakech, no idea where to stop?

10: fly back home

So basically I'm wondering on the part in the Atlas - where to go? I think we would like to have 2 days on the way to the desert and 2 days back. is it too much? Any other ideas? Is the desert worth such a long trip?

Thanks for help.

Jola

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,543 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on itinerary

I recommend Auberge le Festival in the Todra, it's about 8km past the narrow section of the gorge, and the owner, Addi, has marked routes for walking with a variety of distances and times, see some pics at the end of this thread: morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

It's only worthwhile going all the way to the sand dunes if you are going to allocate enought time to see all the other things on the way, so what you are doing is just right.

You could return on the southern route via Agdz.

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on itinerary

Hi Jola;

Welcome to Morocco Travel forum.

According to your itinerary, you can just follow this one as you will make it fantastic and more worth it.

1-2 Marrakech.

3- Marrakech- High Atlas Mountains. Try Kasbah Toubkal.

4- High Atlas Mountains- Tizi Ntichka- Ait Ben-haddou. Try Ksar Ighnda.

5- Ait Benh-haddou-Skoura-Dades Valley.

6- Dades Valley- Todra Gorges- Merzouga. Overnight in Hotel.

7- Merzouga-Camel Ride and Desert Overnight.

8- Merzouga-Agdez-Ouarzazate.

9- Ouarzazate- Marrakech.

10- Marrakech-Departure.

Good Luck and happy Travels.

3. Re: Advice on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 06:16