We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inter Shipping Europe

southern hemisphere
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Inter Shipping Europe

Does anyone have recent experience of this shipping company's ferry services between Morocco and Spain? I am particularly interested in the services from Tarifa to Tangier ville.

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Inter Shipping Europe

Never heard about it before, but you can use Google maybe you can find some more information about it some where else.

Good Luck.

southern hemisphere
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inter Shipping Europe

HamidB499.

Thanks. Of course, Google was my first "port of call", but no luck.

Surprised you haven't heard of Inter Shipping Europe. See this review of them:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293737-d232…

When trying to find out about Comarit ferries from Tarifa, I received this email from Inter Shipping:

"M. Teresa Guillen Aracena <info.intershipping@gmail.com>

to me, Juan, Antonio

Good morning,

Please note that at the moment between Spain and Morocco liner transportation with Ferry Compagnie Comarit deseappered.

This said, Inter Shipping Europe is a new company which operates ferries connecting Morocco with Spain.

Lines from Algeciras to Tangier Med and from Tarifa to Tangier ville.

Our timetable :

From Tarifa to Tangier ville: 10:00 + 14:00 + 18:00 + 22:00 hrs.

From Tangier ville to Tarifa: 07:00 + 11:00 + 15:00 + 19:00 hrs."

Chicago
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Inter Shipping Europe

I am currently in Tanger, after traveling via intershipping ferry from Tarifa. There is also another company that runs a ferry line from Tarifa to Tanger, both from the same port. They leave on the hour ( one company on the odd hour, the other on the even). The fare is 37.50 euros each way (more for cars). You go through customs on the boat while crossing. The trip takes less than an hour. You can purchase your ticket on your day of travel. You can also purchase a combined crossing guided tour ticket at the the ferry ticket office.k

I was advised by a Moroccan NOT to trust anyone at the port. Leave there before securing a taxi, changing money etc. Be prepared to be inundated with offers for rides, guides, etc. when you step off the ferry . Outside the the port people shouldn't bother you.

One more thing, it's quite common for people to jump in to occupied cabs to 'share' a ride there. They will pay the driver on top of your fare. If you do not feel comfortable with this, just tell,the driver 'no'.

4. Re: Inter Shipping Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 October 2013, 09:08
London
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inter Shipping Europe

Yes, this company currently leaves Tarifa at 08.00, 10.00, 12.00, 14.00, 16.00, 18.00, 20.00 and 22.00.

Leaving Tangier Ville, there are ferries at 07.00, 09.00, 11.00, 13.00, 15.00, 17.00, 19.00 and 21.00.

Just one warning - these boats regularly leave with up to 45 mins delay ...

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inter Shipping Europe

I advise you to not use this company. I went to Morroco last week and when we went to the port to take the ship to come back to Spain the intershipping office was close (it should be open) and our ship was canceled we were 3 hours looking for someone who could get us some imformation. Eventualy we bought a new ticket we another company.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,823 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inter Shipping Europe

I'd agree with the above, there's been loads of complaints about Inter Shipping. The companies I have used on a regular basis for many years are

Acciona Trasmediterránea: http://www.trasmediterranea.es/en

FRS: http://www.frs.es/

Baleària: http://www.balearia.com

England, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inter Shipping Europe

I used Inter Shipping on January 9th and it was a nightmare. I bought the tickets a day before in Tangier to go to Tarifa, my first mistake. The next my group showed up to the port 30 minutes before our departure time but there was no one at any of the 3 Inter Shipping windows or offices. We waited for our ferry which never came. So, a half hour after our departure time we asked various passengers and port personnel where our ferry was. Everyone told us that Inter Shipping had canceled all ferries for the day due to "bad weather" (mind you the weather was perfect outside). Inter Shipping employees were still no where to be found, all the offices closed, and they did not notify us of the cancelation. So, we had to use FRS (their competitor) to get to Tarifa to continue our trip. When we finally got to Tarifa I stopped at two separate Inter Shipping offices and both said that I had to "go back to Morocco to get the refund." When I explained that I just came from Morocco and would not be going back any time soon, and that Inter Shipping just canceled our ferry without any notification the Inter Shipping employees just shrugged and refused to give me a refund. This company is AWFUL. Please heed my advice and use FRS instead.

Shipston-on-Stour...
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inter Shipping Europe

I had no problem with them, I think it's a Moroccan outfit, so the customer service may not be the same as Spanish FRS etc nice to support Moroccan enterprise though and good to see, it may make the crossing cheaper with the competition

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Inter Shipping Europe

Intershipping (between Algeciras and Tanger med) has proven to be quite unreliable during our trip last two weeks to Tanger med:

Relative expensive,

old equipment,

not on time (3 hours + late departure or no departure),

unprofessional loading and de-loading of cars and trucks,

rude staff .....

My advice.....do not use this company.