We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trek route

Lagos
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Trek route

We are beginning to plan our 10 day trip to Morocco in April. Its our first time so we are a bit clueless.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice for us on our route for the 4 -5 night trek. We are looking for something moderate, not too taxing and we basically want a taster of the beauty of the Atlas mountains. I have trekked in Nepal and would like a similar experience to staying in the tea houses there. We are going to go straight to the mountains when we arrive and save Marrakech for afterwards.

Any advice very much appreciated!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,708 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trek route

Get a copy of Alan Palmer's Trekking in the Atlas Mountains, see amazon.co.uk/Moroccan-Atlas-Trekking-Alan-Pa…

Lagos
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trek route

Thank you, I am ordering it now! Cheers

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trek route

and don't forget to start that from Imlil where you can select your Mountain Guide at Bereau Des Guide, as Tim Cullis the Amazon has the best plan for a wonderful itineraries to take at the High Atlas Mountains.

Good Luck.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,708 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trek route

Also check out www.imlil.org

Some pics of Imlil on posts #12-13 at morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/… If you find the photo entitled "The view into the next valley from the tizi", the Imlil to Setti Fatma route would take you down into this valley then over the pass to the right of the photo.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trek route

You have the choice between different areas:

- Imlil Mount Toukbal: very touristy. Also early in the season to climb Mt Toubkal

- Ait Bouguemez Mgoun area: probably the best area, although it's still early in the season. Good lodges in most villages. Descentr of the Mgoun gorges very spectacular. Possible climb of the Mgoun mountain

- Jbel Sarho and Jbel Siroua: further South and lower altitude, suited for winter trekking. Less touristy, in particular Siroua.

sydney
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trek route

Hello, was wondering if you have organised yr 4/5 day trekking trip? I am also planning a 4/5 day trek in the Atlas Mountains. i will be in Marrakech on 15 April 2013. Was wondering if you would like to join up?

My email address is sheena_chew@hotmail.com if you would like to contact me. I have narrowed down my choices down to 2 guides for the mountains.

Many thanks

7. Re: Trek route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 05:15