We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sending things to Morocco from USA

Henderson, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Sending things to Morocco from USA

I have a friend in Morocco and I live in USA. Can I send food items in the mail? What food besides pork can not go through customs? Can I send clothing and a blanket? If I sent something that was electric can it be switched over to use there?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sending things to Morocco from USA

Food from USA ? It is a long way.

Sorry cannot advise you further re customs etc. but clothing seems to be OK.

Have sent some cards (=letters) in the past to Maroc from Europe, and they never reached their destination.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sending things to Morocco from USA

Many items will be cheaper in Morocco compared to the US. Sending fresh food is not possible. I would have thought that sending electrical items would be very expensive and they would need to have a facility to change from 110 to 220 volts. Your intensions are admirable but might not it be cheaper and safer just to wire your friend money? You would not then face the danger of presents being "lost" at customs.

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sending things to Morocco from USA

I agree with above replies, better not send it at all, as you know there are things which are more cheaper in Morocco than in the states, moreover; if you send some electrical things from US to Morocco will be so much expensive, regarding clothings would be a good idea but has to be light in wieght, for Foood no way, so just better not to send it.

Sometimes things will not deliver to the receipent due to the customs they take it.

4. Re: Sending things to Morocco from USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 06:15