We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spain to morocco family trip

australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
spain to morocco family trip

Hi there - we are thinking of having a brief excursion to Morocco while visiting Spain and would be grateful for any advice. Thoughts are to get the ferry to Tangeir and take the train to Marrakech (or maybe just to Fes). We wont have long, probably 5 nights max. but this may be our only opportunity to go to this part of the world. We will be with 2 teens and 1 eight year old (they are all pretty good travellers, but still kids). I am just wondering if others think this is do-able/worthwhile. We are more interested in taking in the culture/street life of wherever we are than rushing around seeing museums and every sight. Thanks- hope you can help us out!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spain to morocco family trip

Yes, I think that it is worthwhile. Limit yourself to Fes only - Marrakech is another day away. Try to stay in the medina of Fes (Fes el Bali) to experience culture and street life (although you could fit in a couple of monuments/museums if wished!) A day trip to the religious centre at Moulay Idriss and the smaller Imperial city of Meknes would provide contrast.

(And I'm suggesting this as a Marrakech resident!)

2. Re: spain to morocco family trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 December 2013, 13:08
Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: spain to morocco family trip

Hi welcome to Morocco Travel forums.

By the way, i agree as well with Pilobulos, so regarding your trip base only in the North part of Morocco, as you can take the bus of Supratours to chefchaouen, enjoy it as it has a strong local Culture, then from there to Fes, in Fes you will enjoy the real Morocco and the authentic experience with a rich history inside the Medina of the Medieval Town of Fes, after that you can take the train back to Tangier.

Have fun and enjoy Morocco.

australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spain to morocco family trip

Thank you so much for your replies (and warm welcome). Sounds like I need to start researching Fes! Very happy for the encouragement to visit morocco, I will have a look at the places you have recommended. Thanks again for taking the time to get me started!

5. Re: spain to morocco family trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 05:19