We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Dades Gorge and Todra George

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting Dades Gorge and Todra George

I want to go by bus from Marrakech to Boulmalne Dades and sleep there. I cannot find any hotels near the main road (in Google Earth)

1. Is it possible to arrive, where the bus stops, and find nearby a clean and cheap hotel?

2. Is it possible to rent a car with driver or a taxi to go to visit Dades Gorge and then to Todra George?

How much it will cost?

How many hours it will take?

3. I saw that there is a supratours bus from Tinerhir to Merzouga at 4pm. Is there any other way to go from Tinerhir to Merzouga?

Thank you

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Dades Gorge and Todra George

Google "Boulemane". It came up with 30 hotels in the district.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 11:28
Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Dades Gorge and Todra George

Thank you Pilobolus. In Google Earth, If I write "Boulemane" I can see a town about 60km south of Fes. If I write "Boulmalne" I can see the town south of Dades Gorge. If I zoom enough to see the streets and search for "hotel" i could not find any one near the main road.

What I am trying to find is some hotel I can ask via email for a pick up from the bus station or I can walk. I could not find any.

Creteil, France
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Dades Gorge and Todra George

Hi Juan,

not all hotels are on google maps, though. Try using a site like booking. com, hotels.com or a similar site. Most of them have an option to search by map, so you can see which one is closest to the bus stop.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Dades Gorge and Todra George

Try here Juan:

hotelscombined.com/Place/Boumalne_Dades.htm

There seems to be variances in spelling.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,788 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Dades Gorge and Todra George

Boumalne is the one you want. The Xaluca is extremely upmarket, not really aware of any others, though there's likely to be a 'locals' type hotel near the bus/grand taxi hub. Personally I'd travel up into the Dades gorge and stay there, for example, www.kasbah-vallee-dades.com/lgen/default.htm

For some pics see morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Dades Gorge and Todra George

Thank you Tim. I will arrive by bus. I saw that hotel Kasbah rent a 4X4 to visit the Gorges but it is too much for me (one day per car up to 4 people: 2,600DH) Any suggestion to visit both gorges in a cheap way?

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Dades Gorge and Todra George

Thank you Manga_boy. Pilobolus and Tim. Hotel problem is over! I am almost in my way.

Any suggestion to find (affordable) transportation there to visit Dades and Todra in one day.

Will it be a good idea to visit the roses valley?

My bus to Merzouga departs from Tinerhir at 4pm. Will I have enough time?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,148 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting Dades Gorge and Todra George

There are 2 or 3 cheap hotels on the main street in the center of Boumalne.

There are many, many places to stay in the gorges themselves (also at Todra).

9. Re: Visiting Dades Gorge and Todra George

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 04:16