We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on routes

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Opinions on routes

I have received some nice feedback on my questions about prices and such. I would like some feedback on the routes. My friend and I are going for 10 nights. It's hard for us to discuss, because she is in the US and I am in the middle east right now. We are considering tours, though spending the whole time with a guide isn't something I normally do, so we are also considering just arranging some things after we arrive. We arrive in Casablanca, and want to move quickly out to either Fes or Marrakesh (I don't think it matters which one is first, because we always end in Casa). We basically want to spend time in the Medinas and souks of Marrakech and Fes, and see Kasbahas and mountains. A night in the desert is not a must. Most of the tour offers have the obligatory night or two in the desert.

I appreciate people's thoughts and experiences.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions on routes

Clicking on Tour Companies and Guides under Top Questions at the right of your screen will provide you with lots of experiences of previous visitors especially for mountain and desert excursions. I am however of the opinion that guides are not needed for the medinas of either Fes or Marrakech. A decent map and guidebook will give you all of the guidance that you need. Some guides have the annoying habit of turning the experience into "shopping opportunities" as it were. You may not want this.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions on routes

Yes, I'm still reviewing other posts, but not seeing what i'm looking for. Maybe that's because the normal routes are what we should do. Meanwhile, I'll see if anyone has more advice.

Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinions on routes

I totally agree with Pilobolus, By the way; you can start your trip from Casablanca via Rabat, Meknes, Volubulis to Fes, then have your day exploring Fes Guide is needed in this one as you might be lost without, so your tour could arrange it for you by the entrees fees, then from there via the Middle Atlas Mountains to Merzouga arriving a bit late as you will give enough time to the sightseeing and photos on the way, overnight in your hotel, then next journey you might visit the nomads behind the sand dunes, and the gnoua " sub saharan " people village of Khamlia, then could Rissani if it's the Souk day, then get back to your accommodation collection just the things you would need for your desert overnight, then depart on your camel ride, next day driving to Todra Gorges, Dades Valley and Gorges, and overnight in Ouarzazate, after that visiting Ksar Ait Ben Haddou, then drive to Marrakech via the Tizi Ntishka, to Marrakech there you might spend the rest of your trip having a day Trip to Essaouira as it's really worth it, and after that manage the departure either to overnight the night before in Casablanca in case you have an early departure, or if you have a midday one you can just stay in Marrakech until the departure day.

Have fun and enjoy your experience in Morocco.

4. Re: Opinions on routes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:18