We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

belleville, illinois
Level Contributor
115 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

While we prefer independent travel, this tour was a gem. The max is 18 people but we had only seven like minded travelers. The hotels were unique boutique style in Riads or small hotels. The restaurants were clearly tourist for the most part but the food was great. Our guide, Khalid, was very knowledgeable and accommodating. The pacing was great giving us some free time and the ability to sleep in a bit. For first time travelers, this will spoil you. For veterans, you will appreciate the perks and luxury of the small group. Well worth the price.

Stamford...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

We are interested in the Gate 1 group tour Moroccan Allure. Please let me know if there was a toilet in the tent when you slept in the desert. thank you

belleville, illinois
Level Contributor
115 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

Yep. You have a private toilet and a shower and a sink in your room or tent. None of them were anything to write home about but they did suffice. When you pack, make sure you have a small bag that you can pack your overnight things in as you will leave your big bags back at the hotel. And while some of our small party did have electric outlets in their tent, we did not. So you really need to charge your Kindles, Nooks, I-pads, phones, etc before you leave for the desert. I would also recommend hand sanitizer. Overall, the desert experience was a hoot!! Great service, good food, lots of cheesy fun and great photo ops. We were there in March so temps were comfortable. You will need sunscreen and a hat for warmer times. We loved this trip. Enjoy!!!

Stamford...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

thank you for the information

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
46 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

Anyone else considering Morocco Allure through Gate1;Discovery? It looks like a great trip but we areused to independent travel.Experiences? Reviews?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
84 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

I'm going in December and have done 2 other tours. I have traveled independently and I prefer gate 1 because if less stress. I always travel independently to Asia and I have never been able to pack much in as gate 1 does. Only thing I wish is that more people my age would go.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
428 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

Do you mean younger people go, or older? With this company?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
84 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

I think older people do go but on my affordable Turkey tour, I had a few people in their late 20's on the trip. I'm 33.

Woodbridge...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

We traveled with Gate 1 on the Moroccan Allure in May and it was fabulous. Our guide Ibrahim was a wealth of knowledge and very concerned about everyone's health, safety and special interests. The delightful surprise we had was that it was stork nesting season and there were baby storks everywhere! Doing a small group (22) allowed us the opportunity to stay in smaller hotels and have a home hosted dinner which was wonderful. We had a freak series of thunderstorms which flooded us out of the tents. Our guide managed to squeeze in a camel ride for us between the storms and quickly made arrangements to go back to the hotel.

Both optional tours were really good, much better than we expected. The group jelled like a family and everyone looked out for one another. Traveling light is really helpful because some of the rooms were very small - not much space to put stuff - and you don't really need much. Everything was very casual.

Highly recommend this tour. We researched many others before taking the tour and this one was the most value for the money and included more sights and cities on the included tour.

We wanted to spend more time in Casablanca so we went 2 days early and stayed in the Kenzi Towers which is where you stay at the end. This is a magnificent hotel!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
84 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

I just booked the Moroccan Allure trip fro December 21!! We are going to the Canary Islands for 4 nights before we kick off the Moroccan trip. We'll get some color on our pasty white Wisconsin skin so we can look good in pictures of Morocco. The fllights were actually cheaper to make a layover in the Canary Islands than going straight ot Morocco on December 21. We spent the same amount of money for fllights to include an all inclusive resort before heading over to Casablanca.

10. Re: Gate 1 Small group tour Moroccan Allure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 11:16