We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Publique restrooms, toilets and hygiene

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Publique restrooms, toilets and hygiene

Dear travelers I m about to do something about the availability, accesibilty and level of hygiene inpublic toilets in Morrocco. For this reason I have some questions for you. 1) what is your overall experience with public toilets in Morocco? 2) how many times did you use a publique toilet 3) how long did you stay in Morrocco 4) where the toilets accesible for you (handicap, bad knees) 5) would you pay for 100% clean and well serviced toilet? 6) what did you miss in the public toilets you used Thank you in advance ! Darlodo

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Publique restrooms, toilets and hygiene

See here

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

for previous advice and experiences.

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Publique restrooms, toilets and hygiene

Thank you for your advise ! We studied these threads already but we needed some specific data to complete our deskresearch concerning this subject.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,226 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Publique restrooms, toilets and hygiene

Darlodo,

Judging by the photo you added on your profile page

.It would appear open air toilets are popular:-)

Good luck on flushing out some more comments

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Publique restrooms, toilets and hygiene

Yes they are! I hope people will drop some toilet or hygiene experiences so we can wipe them clean and flush them down in the near future! Thanks for your support!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Publique restrooms, toilets and hygiene

Public toilets in Morocco are very similar to the ones in Italy 35 years ago. Not much to do about them.

NZ
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Publique restrooms, toilets and hygiene

Good clean well equipped toilets are appreciated everywhere, not just in Marrakesh. As I have artificial joints a safety rail is helpful for controlling balance however locals seem to have far stronger quad muscles than I do and think this is a dumb idea, and as I travel solo and cannot leave my daypack with anyone, I'd like a little shelf or a decent safe hook to hang the bag on - not just a nail on the door. Maybe this post should be called dream on.

Most restaurants have good clean toilets (and if they aren't clean I don't eat there) so I don't think I have ever used 'public' toilets as such. I'd probably pay for something like the new cabinet versions with washdown facilities if they were readily available when required.

Edited: 24 April 2013, 03:10
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Publique restrooms, toilets and hygiene

Thank you for your reply. Your advise is very helpfull and we will adapt our plan on it . Your input is very valuable for us. Sômetimes it takes a small change to create a big comfortable difference! Thank you

8. Re: Publique restrooms, toilets and hygiene

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 06:19