We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Jadida to Safi motorway project

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
El Jadida to Safi motorway project

An investment of 4.8 billion dirhams I've just read in an article quote "to develop the tourist, industrial and mining potential of this central region of the Kingdom." The article went on to add "the 143 kilometre motorway is bound (by) linking Doukkala-Abda to the other neighbouring regions via a modern motorway infrastructure, the project will have a positive impact on passenger safety and reduce travel time between the cities served (El Jadida, Jorf Lasfar, Sidi Smail, Sidi Bennour, Zemamra, Oualidia, Safi).

If so it would be a great step forward for Atlantic coastal travel. Can anyone (the two Johns, Tim or any one else) confirm this news please?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Jadida to Safi motorway project

It appears from this article that you are spot on regarding this project

allafrica.com/stories/201304220345.html

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Jadida to Safi motorway project

Have a look at my post (#3) from two years ago: morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,951 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Jadida to Safi motorway project

I hope actually that all those project to build all those new motorways will take time, I think I would not like Morocco if it is packed with motorway overall. It is enough with what it is now. Even if I can understand that for businessmen it will be good to come fast from coast to the desert for example haha, but anyway.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Jadida to Safi motorway project

The El Jadida to Safi motorway has been under discussion at Skyscraper City since 2008, see www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php…

As I wrote on my link in response #2 above, I am fairly unconcerned by these new motorways, they affect few of the scenic roads in Morocco.

The project that interests me most is the idea of a tunnel under the High Atlas linking Marrakech and Ouarzazate, though I don't like the suggested route up the Ourika Valley, better to go up the Zate Valley instead.

5. Re: El Jadida to Safi motorway project

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 December 2013, 14:17
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Jadida to Safi motorway project

Thanks for the confirmations and additional information everyone. Tim, what a memory! And Khamlia, what are you doing in the Cameroons?!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,951 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Jadida to Safi motorway project

haha I am back now from Cameroon and only not changed the place because yet I not know where I go next time LOL

8. Re: El Jadida to Safi motorway project

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 06:18