We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakesh airport lost property

Thurso, Scotland...
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Marrakesh airport lost property

I lost my kindle in Marrakesh airport on Wednesday, does anyone know how I can get in touch with them to find out if its been found? (I'm home in the uk now)

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marrakesh airport lost property

Well you can try calling the airport on 00212 524447910

but I very much doubt you have any chance of getting it back.

2. Re: Marrakesh airport lost property

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 15:35
Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marrakesh airport lost property

You need to call Marrakech airport and ask to speak to the police, as they control lost/found items in the airport. It is most likely the officers only speak arabic or french.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Marrakesh airport lost property

I also lost (forgot) one of my bags at Marrakesh airport four days ago. From Casablanca airport I called at the following number.

Marrakesh Airport Lost & Found - +212 524 368 521

I eventually got to speak with a gentleman named Mr. Abdul Hak Askaoui, who in spite of the matter being out of his normal work, has been extremely helpful. He speaks fluent English. Just a minute ago I spoke with him from Sydney. He has given me his personal mobile and email address (to maintain his privacy I will not be sharing that) while he is in the process of retrieving my baggage from the police there. He will be sending my baggage to me once he receives a formal request from the Lost and Found of Sydney Airport. The essence of the story is that there are people who speak good English there and more importantly they are wonderful so as to go out of their way to be helpful. Hope this helps.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marrakesh airport lost property

glad to hear of a positive outcome

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Marrakesh airport lost property

The number that you have provided is for lost luggage. The original post is concerning a lost kindle which would be handled by the police, not the lost luggage office.

Badajoz, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Marrakesh airport lost property

I left my iPhone in the airport in Marrakesh, and I was wondering what the outcome of your lost kindle was. I called the airport, and I tried to speak with two gentlemen though they did not really speak english (or spanish) and ended up hanging up on me without even saying "goodbye".

Thurso, Scotland...
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marrakesh airport lost property

I didn't get it back I'm afraid, hope you have more luck.

9. Re: Marrakesh airport lost property

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:19