We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time Budgeting and Itinerary Planning?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Time Budgeting and Itinerary Planning?

Hello all,

I'm planning a trip to Morocco in September, as part of a longer Northern Africa/Middle East tour.

It will be my last destination after Jordan, Israel, and Egypt, so I'm hoping to see sites and culture that would be at least a bit different from those countries.

I originally was hoping to go for around 8-10 days, but I'm realizing that's going to be a bit of a squeeze. For a good overview of Morocco without too much city-to-city traveling, would 10-12 days be enough? I don't need to see every major city or site, just enough that I get a good feel for the country and can see the most important locations.

Any ideas or recommendations would be great - I know this is a bit of a barebones message/request, I just want to make sure and budget my time well for the other countries also!

1. Re: Time Budgeting and Itinerary Planning?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 October 2013, 00:29
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time Budgeting and Itinerary Planning?

Thanks John!

I haven't bought a guidebook yet, but I've had great luck with the Lonely Planet books (I'm more of a backpacking type of traveler that likes to splurge occasionally, so it's a good mix), so I'll likely get one of those. I also browse pretty intensively through the tripadvisor recommendations for sights and the like.

So you don't think I should stay in Casablanca more than a day or two? From what I've seen, Marrakech is a big hub spot, so I may focus my time there aside from Fez and a seaside town.

3. Re: Time Budgeting and Itinerary Planning?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 October 2013, 00:29
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time Budgeting and Itinerary Planning?

Personally would give Casablanca 1 day, perhaps skip Marrakech altogether, and concentrate in Fes.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,700 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time Budgeting and Itinerary Planning?

For me the beauty of Morocco is in the countryside, whilst the interesting different culture is in the smaller town and villages. So I would choose just one of the imperial cities (either Fes, Marrakech, Meknes or Rabat), a small town (El Jadida or Al Hoceima), a village (Chefchaouen, Azrou or Tafraoute), somewhere in the mountains (Imlil or Imilchil), and maybe one of the southern beach villages (Sidi Ifni or Mirleft).

If you self drive you can get to interesting places that are a struggle with buses and taxis.

6. Re: Time Budgeting and Itinerary Planning?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 06:18