We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limited time in Fes- worth a visit to Meknes?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Limited time in Fes- worth a visit to Meknes?

I'm on a quick Moroccan adventure- currently in Fes, we have 2.3 days here. Worth it to use one of them exploring volubilis/ Meknes, or should we stick around here? Thanks!

marrakech
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Limited time in Fes- worth a visit to Meknes?

Devoting a day trip to Volubilis and Meknes is, in my opinion, undoubtedly recommended. Meknes has been awsomely an amazing city that worth your visit as it does uniquely embody an amalgam of myriad cultures, the warmth and the hassle free of the locals are indisputably noticeable.

Cheers,

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,594 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limited time in Fes- worth a visit to Meknes?

Hi,

A day trip out of Fes to visit Volubilis/Meknes and Ifrane is a nice break from the city and you'll still have the evening back in Fes afterwards.

Edinburgh, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Limited time in Fes- worth a visit to Meknes?

If you think you are running out of time, devote a half day excursion to meknes and Volubilis. It is doable. Just leave early and you can make it.

Amy

Fordwich
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Limited time in Fes- worth a visit to Meknes?

I would recommend Volibulis and Meknes. Hire a local guide at Volibulis to make the visit more amusing. Sure, you can rely on your guide book, but nothing like a knowledgeable local to make the experience come to life. Meknes has an easy-to-navigate medina with less hustle than some locations.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limited time in Fes- worth a visit to Meknes?

Thanks to everyone that replied to this thread; I ended up booking a hotel car and we went to Volubilis and Meknes. I loved Volubilis, it was one of my favorite days of the trip and absolutely worth the relatively small expense of a good hotel car ($150 for 8 hours)!

6. Re: Limited time in Fes- worth a visit to Meknes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 07:17