We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for Morocco next June 2014

Atlanta
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary for Morocco next June 2014

I am planning to go to Morocco next June 2014 to celebrate my 50th birthday. I want to know if I can see and experience Morocco within 7 days or should I stay for 10 days? I want to experience the history, culture, the beaches and ride a camel in the desert while I am there. I want this to be a great experience for me. I may have a group of 5 with me. Next, can anyone recommend a tour company that can cater to the interest of the group. Next, can you give me the off the beaten path not so tourist things to do. and must see and do while I am there. Should I purchase the airfare in January to get the best deal? Is there a certain city that is cheaper to travel in and out of Morocco? Thanks for any information you can give me....

Dwayne

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,911 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for Morocco next June 2014

for history and culture you will want one of the Imperial cities (probably either Marrakech or Fez), then you have several options for a beach stay (my favourite is Essaouira, although if you want to get off the beaten path then El Jadida or even Asilah up north are an option) and then for a proper desert trip you should factor in 3 or 4 days as it is long way from any of the other places and there are some great sights along the way.

so basically you need 10 days (or even more!) to do it justice

I dont know much about flight options from Atlanta, but my advice would be to try to fly to Marrakech if possible. Although I have a feeling you may end up in Casablanca or Rabat if coming from the USA - both are only a train ride away from Marrakech or Fes though.

check the links to the right 'Top questions about Morocco' for more info about tour companies, desert trips etc

once you have booked your flights and know how many days you have then come back to us for help finalising an itinerary

Edited: 03 June 2013, 19:48
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for Morocco next June 2014

Do not rely on a tour company Dwayne as they will only take you to where they think that tourists want to go (shopping markets etc) and not where you necessarily would like to visit. Heed the advice of nibrika above and tailor make your own itinerary. Ignore any private messages from touts on TripAdvisor: there are many on this forum. Have a look at the green navigation bar at the top of your screen to further your researches.

There are many flights to Morocco from the US but you may find it cheaper to land in Europe first. Check the Expedia website for information. When you are more clear about your plans then get back to the Moroccan forum as nibrika suggests.

Fes, Morocco
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for Morocco next June 2014

Hi sir. It's better to arrange everything with a tour agent so as to have everything planned. Otherwise, once here, you will be like lost and wont enjoy it. Dest.: Fez, Marrakech. desert. el Jadida beach

4. Re: Itinerary for Morocco next June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 05:15