We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Morocco Embassy Visa in London for Malaysia Passport

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Morocco Embassy Visa in London for Malaysia Passport

Hi,

I am currently studying in the UK and I am holding a Malaysia passport. I am flying out on the 19 June as tourist.

I've submitted my visa application 1 week ago through an agent but unfortunately suddenly Morocco embassy have change their rules that none agent are allowed to apply for any Malaysian. They said I have to go down personally to the embassy. Does anyone know why they change the rules suddenly?

I tried to called the Embassy, want to ask a few question, trying a million times and all numbers , and no one is answering my phone. Should I risk it and go down to London and apply personally? How long it takes to get a Visa to Morocco? Their website said 2 weeks but I've check some people said hey get their Visa back after 4 weeks or some said they get the visa after 4 days.

I am so stress out and frustrated . I have book a flight before during easter and didn't know I need a visa for Morocco. It was too late when the time I knew . This would be my second time trying to plan a trip to Morocco.

Any advice whould be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Morocco Embassy Visa in London for Malaysia Passport

The short answer to your frustrating attempts to obtain a visa is yes, applying personally at the embassy may achieve more. A recent television programme on ITV highlighted the problems arising from some countries changing visa requirements frequently and often without notice (the focus was on India but it applies to other countries too). The reasons cited may be political or on grounds of 'security' concerns. Even so, prepare yourself for more frustration - Moroccan officialdom can be very slow. Good luck.

2. Re: Help! Morocco Embassy Visa in London for Malaysia Passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 December 2013, 12:57
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Morocco Embassy Visa in London for Malaysia Passport

Hey Andrea,

Im planning to apply fr Moroccan visa from the UK as well, and I'm also a Malaysian. was wondering if you personally went to the embassy to apply for the visa? How long did they get back to you? Since I'm based in Bristol, I was wondering if posting my documents and stuffs via first class post works as well? Thanks for your reply !!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Morocco Embassy Visa in London for Malaysia Passport

hi i am planning to visit morocco in i week and i forgot to check i need visa. i was wondering hows the procedure going if i submit my visa application. does morocco immigration offers any Visa upon on arrival for malaysian?

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Morocco Embassy Visa in London for Malaysia Passport

There are no visas on arrival

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Morocco Embassy Visa in London for Malaysia Passport

Oh :( thank you so much tho...guess i might need to contact the embassy for the visa

7. Re: Help! Morocco Embassy Visa in London for Malaysia Passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 05:15