We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The pharmacies in Marrakesh

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
The pharmacies in Marrakesh

Im travelling around in north africa and ive running out of my meds. Tomorrow Im going to Marrakesh and wonder if I can buy codein or tramadol without a Morrocan perscription?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The pharmacies in Marrakesh

Hi,

Most pharmacies want a prescription for Tremadol (same drug) but I know the one on avenue Fatima Zohra running north from D'Jemma al Fna towards Dar el Bacha sells it without.Take your empty box with you. If they insist, you can get a prescription from a local doctor. Codeine won't be a problem.

Edited: 09 June 2013, 18:10
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The pharmacies in Marrakesh

Many thanks. Im gonna visit him. Do you think its okey to bring my last tablets through the airport customs?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The pharmacies in Marrakesh

Hi,

You should be OK at customs but it's always better to carry prescriptions with you just in case.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The pharmacies in Marrakesh

You can also purchase an ibuprofen product for the relief of pain called Algantil without prescription. Available as capsules or effervescent tablets.

5. Re: The pharmacies in Marrakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 October 2013, 18:07
Edited: 29 October 2013, 18:07
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The pharmacies in Marrakesh

Hi John,

Tremadol is not readily available over the counter in Marrakech which is why I have steered the OP to the one pharmacy I know where they will sell it without a prescription.

7. Re: The pharmacies in Marrakesh

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 October 2013, 18:08
8. Re: The pharmacies in Marrakesh

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 05:17