We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

I book a flight last month to leave rome on june 26 and fly to casablanca, spend 4 days there and then return to NYC on june 30. I already have a hotel booked in casablanca for those 4 nights and i need to check out of my hotel here in Rome on June 26. Late last night I get an email from Orbitz saying the Royal air Maroc changed my flight and I will not be flying out of Rome on the 27 and not the 26. This of course is totally unacceptable. I spent 45 minutes on hold last night, making an international call on top of that, to speak to a very unhelpful and uninformed agent at Orbitz, she then transfered to me a representative for Royal air Maroc who somehow was less helpful and less informed and proceeded to hang up on me. What should i do regarding this? I think Orbitz and royal air maroc need to get together and either get me on a flight the 26th with any airlines that is making a flight from Rome to Casablanca that day or provide me with a large amount of compensation as a result of all the extra expenses I will have to incur by staying in Rome an extra day and wasting the room and other activities I booked in Casablanca. Does anyone have any experience as to what would be the best course of action I can take here. I mean worst comes to worst I just deal with taking the hit, cover all the expensive myself and then take both Orbitz and Royal air Maroc to small claims court in NYC but that seems ridicules, there has got to be an easier way. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

Zachary - do keep us informed about the court case as I am interested to know the answer.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

I will when I go to the airport on thursday I will go early with a copy of all the EU regulations and hopefully I will be able to speak to a manager and will hopefully be reasonable and comply with regulations and that will be the end of that but if not then when I get back to New York on July 1, I will start the paper work to file it in small claims court. I will also be filing a complaint will the EU commission for air travel and the FAA in the US, tho i'm not sure the complaints will do much. On top of that i will also be contesting the charge for the entire flight with my credit card company. Ever if i don't win it will force them to deal with some of the hassle that they are putting me thru right now.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

and thank you everyone for your help. Also if anyone on these boards has any connections within Royal air maroc or knows anyone that does it would very helpful if you could put me in touch with them, thank you.

London
Level Contributor
8,265 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

Don't think any airline would agree to compensation on the spot. You will have to file a claim through their customer services dept. and give them appropriate time to respond - normally within 28 days. I don't think anyone you have spoken to on phone or will speak to at airport, will have sufficient legal knowledge.

If they decline to compensation you will have to see what reasons they give before you threaten court action.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

well when i was denied boarding on an American airlines flight in the US and they had rebooked me on a flight a few hours later they cut me a check for $650 right on the spot.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,445 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

Now I understand why AA have gone bankrupt ;)

BTW did you try to claim with your travel insurance?

Edited: 25 June 2013, 17:42
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

no travel insurance thats a waste of money for how often something actually happens. Well i mean i should check exactly what my credits cards insurance covers and if it does anything for travel when i purchase it on my credit card.

38. Re: Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 16:21
Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

Travel insurance is not a waste of money if you are involved in an accident and have to be repatriated home by air ambulance.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Problem with Royal air Maroc and orbitz

my credit card covers if i get injured on the trip so if anything like that were to happen they would cover it and pay for it. In terms of getting a flight cancelled like in this case, it cost me like 200 extra dollars and the travel insurance was like 50 or 70 for the trip if i purchased it from expedia so unless something like this is going to happen every 3 or 4 flight and the airlines are going to break the law and refuse to pay what they owe it is not worth it.