We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25 days, April 2014: itinerary feedback

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
78 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
25 days, April 2014: itinerary feedback

Hello,

Though it is early in the planning process, I have worked out a working itinerary for a trip for my husband and I next spring and would like some feedback. I want a plan that allows us to experience a wide range of places at a moderate pace. So, I need to know:

is this do-able withing that consideration?

are the times allotted for each area appropriate?

what are good bases for exploring each area?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

So, I am dividing the trip into 2 phases.

In phase 1, we will fly directly into Essaouira for 2 nights and then to Marrakech for 4. Included in Marrakech would be a day trip to the Ourika Valley and one to the Cascades d'Ouzoud. We would then pick up a rental car and head on the R203 to Taroudannt, stopping along the way at the Tin Mal Mosque, and potentially Asni, stopping for the night in Taroudannt. We would then head toward the High Atlas ( Ait benhaddou, Telouet, Tamdought) for 1-2 nights, Ouarzazate for 1, the Dra'a Vally ( Zagora for night), the Dades valley and Daes and Todra Gorges ( based in Skoura and/or Tinghir) for 1-2 nights before heading back to Marrakech to return rental car and fly to Tangier.

In Phase 2, we would spend 10-11 days exploring Tangier, Tetouan, Chefchaouen, Fes and Meknes, ending up with a night or 2 in Asilah before returning rental car and flying out of Tangier.

Thanks for ideas, feedback, experience, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Ourika Valley
Ourika Valley
836 Reviews
Morocco
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
78 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25 days, April 2014: itinerary feedback

I am wondering why no one has responded. Any feedback ? Thanks!!!

2. Re: 25 days, April 2014: itinerary feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 16:15
Edited: 28 October 2013, 16:15
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,599 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25 days, April 2014: itinerary feedback

How many days you count for the phase 1, it is a little unclear? Count with that travel is going not fast and distances are big.

Zagora is big city now so if you wish to have a desert feeling, don't stay over there, continue to M'Hamid at least.

Edited: 01 July 2013, 12:18
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,599 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 25 days, April 2014: itinerary feedback

P.S.

why to fly to Tangier? You can take a train from Marrakech, it is comfortable and you get possibility to see country from the train also.

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
78 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 25 days, April 2014: itinerary feedback

I understood that, John. I just want to write my requests in ways that make it easier for people to respond. My comment wasn't a complaint, just a desire to understand whether I needed to do something differently.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
78 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 25 days, April 2014: itinerary feedback

Thank you! That is useful feedback.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,505 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 25 days, April 2014: itinerary feedback

you should give more time to Phase 1 than 2, probably something like 15days vs 10days - maybe even more for Phase 1

as mentioned by Khamlia, you should give a couple of days to visit the sand dune in the desert - it is up to you whether you head to Mhamid (Erg Chigaga) from Zagora or toward Merzouga (Erg Chebbi).

The Taroudant leg of your road trip seems a bit out of the way to the rest of your plan - although Ive not stopped at Tin Mal or spent much time in Taroudant (I think I had lunch there once on the way to Mirleft and thats about it!) so I am not the best person to tell you if it is worth the detour or not.

let us know once you have a more clear itinerary and you will probably get better feedback.

8. Re: 25 days, April 2014: itinerary feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 07:17