We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time change

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,259 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Time change

Hi all,

Just to remind anyone who doesn't know the clocks went back one hour at 03.00 this morning.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time change

This is because of the holy fasting month of Ramadan. At the end of Ramadan the clocks will spring forward again by one hour. Confusing? You bet!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time change

Isn't it great to be able to change clocks anytime you want to? I suppose that one hour difference does help a lot when you are fasting from food and water all day long in the hot summer.

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time change

Thanks for the reminder, Shimmin!

My Moroccan friend told me yesterday, but I completely forgot.

One whole month without having to deal with Old time, and New time!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time change

A change of the clock makes no difference to the hours spent fasting. Dawn to dusk remains the same length of time no matter what the timepieces say! (Unless something has altered the rotation of our planet.)

5. Re: Time change

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:19