We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with 2.5 week itinerary

Sydney
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help with 2.5 week itinerary

Hi all

I would appreciate some feedback on the itinerary that I have so far for my trip to Morocco in September. I will be arriving in Marrakech on the evening of Sunday the 22nd, so Monday the 23rd will be the first day I'll be able to start exploring. From the 26th - 28th I will be at a conference in Marrakech, but will have late afternoons / evenings to explore the city. This is just a first draft and I am happy to be flexible, so all suggestions are welcome!

Day 1 - 23/09: explore Marrakech

Day 2 - 24/09: to Essaouira (by bus, will I be able to see the Argan trees and goats on this route?)

Day 3 - 25/09: Essaouira then back to Marrakech in the evening

Days 4, 5, 6 - 26/09 - 28/09: Marrakech, conference (time to explore in the evening)

Day 7 - 29/09: Marrakech (thought it may be good to have one more full day in Marrakech but should I maybe save this day for later in the trip?)

Day 8, 9, 10, 11 - 30/9 - 3/10 - 3 night, 4 day Desert Tour ending in Fes (have not yet booked)

Days 11, 12, 13 - 4/10 - 6/10: Fes (including day trip to Moulay Idriss)

Days 14, 15, 16 - 7/10 - 9/10 to Chefchaouen (by bus)

Day 17 - Chefchaouen to Casablanca (not sure how long this trip by bus is / if it can be done in one day?)

Day 18 - 10/10 fly out of Casablanca

I also have a question about booking a desert tour. From reading around on the forums, I am getting the feeling that it may be best to wait until I am in Morocco to organise this? Is there a particular reason for that? Morocco-excursion.com have a 4 day trip that fits what I am interested in but not sure whether to book it now or wait.

Thank you all very much in advance for your thoughts / help!

Edited: 13 August 2013, 14:09
Sydney
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: help with 2.5 week itinerary

P.S. Have just discovered that Chefchaouen - Casablanca can be done in one day by bus (hooray), but I forgot to ask whether the amount of time I'm planning to spend in each of the places is okay or too long/short?

Thanks again!

2. Re: help with 2.5 week itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 12:56
3. Re: help with 2.5 week itinerary

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 11:40
Edited: 19 August 2013, 11:40
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,948 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with 2.5 week itinerary

looks like a good itinerary, not too rushed like many we see.

if you have seen enough of Marrakech by your Day7 then you can take a daytrip to the Atlas Mountains that day - can organise that when you get there.

You are unlikely to see the goats in trees if you go to Essaouria by bus - at the very most it will only be a quick glimpse are you drive by in the coach

Sydney
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: help with 2.5 week itinerary

Okay, wonderful, thank you all very much.

A day trip to the Atlas Mountains sounds like a good plan to have up my sleeve, and I may go on a tour to Essaouira too in order to see the trees and then spend my second day there alone!

Hooray! Can't wait :)

6. Re: help with 2.5 week itinerary

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited: 19 August 2013, 11:40
7. Re: help with 2.5 week itinerary

8. Re: help with 2.5 week itinerary

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 06:20