We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Morocco.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
35 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
October in Morocco.

Hello,

I am planning to spend 10 days in Morocco in October 2013. As I am in the early stages of planning my trip I was reading as much on the forum. However, I also wanted to get an opinion from people who have frequently traveled to Morocco to maybe see what will be the best fit for my plan.

I am a single guy and have my interests in the nomadic culture Morocco offers. Also I would be interested in enjoying some relaxing time on some nice beaches (agadir) and a (happening?) nightlife. So I am planning to have a perfect Moroccan recipe mixing Culture and relaxation.

Having read some of the responses on the forums, I now know 10 days are not sufficient and the best way to enjoy them is to spend more time in less places. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Keeping above in mind, for the 10 days I am planing to do break up my itinerary across 3 cities as follows:

2 days - Casablanca

4 days - Marrakech

4 days - Agadir

(+1 day on each side for arrival and departure)

- Please tell me if this seems okay given I want to enjoy the sights in the morning and enjoy the nightlife in the evenings?

- Are 2 days in Casablanca too much or too less? Since it is a business city should I skip this and go for maybe Sahara tours from Marakkech - Fes?

- Also is October a high season for tourists in Morocco?

- How is nightlife in Marrakech? Happening or sober?

1. Re: October in Morocco.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 October 2013, 10:40
Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October in Morocco.

Sorry, Waqas, I can't help you very much with beaches and nightlife, but you do mention an interest in the nomadic culture of Morocco. If so, you would do well to head down to Jebel Sahro (the region lying between Boumalne du Dades and Nkoub). Head into this wonderful mountain range, preferably undertaking a trek for a few days to reach the more remote regions, and you will encounter semi-nomadic Berbers on the move. October is an excellent time of year to do this: not only will many be returning to their homes for the winter from the summer pastures of the High Atlas mountains, the climate should be just about perfect, too. If you were to do this, you would enjoy the beaches and the nightlife all the more afterwards!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October in Morocco.

Many questions Waqas1987! I know where you are coming from (literally!) since I worked at the King Abdul Aziz University in Jeddah for three years. Firstly I agree with John W to avoid Agadir if you wish to experience Moroccan culture. The Atlantic coast is cooler than inland areas in October but unlike John I like Essaouira (but also like El Jadida and Safi).

Staying in Marrakech offers you a variety of cultural experiences, including a more mixed nightlife than in Casablanca. You would also have the chance to into the Atlas mountains. October is the start of the high season in Marrakech, especially for Americans and Europeans as temperatures cool. In the time available to you an excursion to the fringes of the desert is possible (allocate four days) but frankly if you have experienced the Rub al Khali then a couple of sand dunes will not impress!

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
35 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October in Morocco.

Well thank you firstly, all of you, for the kind responses.

AlanPalmer thanks for the suggestion of trekking into the Jebel Sahro I'm going to read up on this and see if I find good tours that I can fit into my itinerary.

However I am surprised to hear about Agadir. I guess what I read about Agadir being the relaxed laid back beach and nightlife offering is just true in text and maybe not in actual.

-So I might be better off doing either few more days in Casablanca instead of Agadir as casa will give me my Disco fix? But I doubt Casa is worth more than 2-3 days (based on what i read again, could be wrong).

-Or do Essaouira or El Jadida? I will prefer El Jadida as John W mentioned it will have a better night life. is it closer to Casa or Marakkech?

-What is the best mode of transportation between main cities like for my Casa - Marrakech leg? Trains or buses? and Maybe even to El Jadida or Essaouria.

And Pilobolus2011 I'm sure you know (after 3 years) how hazardous lack of fun and just work routine can be in Jeddah. Seriously if they want to take the fun out of things throw it in Jeddah. And i haven't done the empty quarters myself but thanks for the advice on the desert excursion. Will look into it along with Jebel Sahro.

5. Re: October in Morocco.

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 12:34
Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October in Morocco.

You're very welcome, Waqas. You might care to have a look at some of my photos of Jebel Sahro posted on my Facebook page, such as at:

https://www.facebook.com/Trekinmorocco.co.uk?ref=hl#!/media/set/? set=a.136714429808542.45023.134293716717280&type=3

Hopefully, these might give you a little bit of inspiration!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,072 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October in Morocco.

Agree, I would avoid Agadir too and go to somewhere other city on the coast. Essaouira can be crowded, but it is nice city anyway.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October in Morocco.

regarding nightlife - Marrakech has the most to offer by far with many bars and clubs, see this thread for many options:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k6…

also has many interesting sights to visit in and around the city with the Atlas Mountains so I recommend you to spend half your time in Marrakech.

Then 1 or 2 days in Casablanca is enough plus choose somewhere on the coast for a couple of nights. Agadir does have a great beach and nightlife options but, as others have mentioned, there is not much culture or sights there. So if you choose Essaouira then go by bus from Marrakech, if you choose El Jadida then go by train from Casablanca - or you could even try 2 days in each.

Agadir city
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: October in Morocco.

Hi Waqas

Happy to contribute by my opinion and ideas so to help you to do best itinerary for discover lovely Morocco.

I want to tell that in October is a high season for tourists in Morocco.

here is i think best itinerary for you in 10 days.

Day1:Casablanca

Day2:Casablanca-Rabat-Meknes

Day3:Meknes-Fez

Day4:Fez

Day5:Fez-Midelt-Merzouga(Sahara)

Day6:Merzouga-Ouarzazate

Day7:Ouarzazate-Taroudante-Agadir

Day8:Agadir-Marrakech

Day9:Marrakech

Day10:Marrakech-Casablanca

And good lucke friend

10. Re: October in Morocco.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 12:32