We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuffing pouffes in Britain

Mold, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
502 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Stuffing pouffes in Britain

Tim always recommends bringin pouffes home and now my mother wants one, but how do you get them stuffed/ buy the stuffing in Britain? No probs in Morocco but back here where do I buy huge quantities of kapok or do I go to an upholsterer?

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
910 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuffing pouffes in Britain

There are many guides on the internet explaining how to stuff a pouffe:

bohemiadesign.co.uk/pouffe-home-stuffing-gui…

http://vimeo.com/37602123

kazzbar.co.uk/pouf-filling-natural-wool-stuf…

secure.profshop.co.uk/uph2/cms_display.php…

amongst many others.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,281 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuffing pouffes in Britain

It needs to be really quite firm, so we use newspapers with maybe a circular sponge bit right at the top. You can also use old clothes.

England, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuffing pouffes in Britain

We use old duvets or pillows, no need to buy special products.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuffing pouffes in Britain

I agree with Tim - for firmness use layered (not "scrunched") newspaper with a 2 cm sponge top. Fabrics are too soft and the pouffe easily collapses.

Mold, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
502 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stuffing pouffes in Britain

Thanks folks. I've only stuffed ones made for me using my needlepoint and after discussion with the upholsterer in Taroudant used a mixture of kapok and foam 3:1 which is fine. My mother is over 80 and wants a repacement for one she has had at least 60 years. She uses it mostly to put her feet up but I'm a bit worried about weight for her moving it so am not sure if newspapers may be heavy. Duvets ae a good idea. I will eschew polystyrene balls. They sound light but very messy.

Edited: 26 August 2013, 11:38
Mentioned in this post
Taroudant
Taroudant
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco
6. Re: Stuffing pouffes in Britain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:21