We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get from Asilah to Chefchaouen?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
How do I get from Asilah to Chefchaouen?

I know I can go from Asilah to Tangier on train, and then bus from Tangier to Chefchaouen, but this seems a bit tiring.

Can grand taxis go straight from Asilah to Chefchaouen? How much would this be per seat?

Thanks!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,089 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get from Asilah to Chefchaouen?

I've done the direct route through the mountains on a motorbike; it's twisty and slow. You might find a grand taxi, ask around.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get from Asilah to Chefchaouen?

Yes you can do it directly, but via Tangier is more recommended, as you might find more available taxis from Tangier to Chefchaouen than from Assilah to Chefchaouen, so just go ahead with the train to Tangier and from there to Chefchauen by the Grand Taxi.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get from Asilah to Chefchaouen?

Thanks, approx. what can I expect regarding costs per seat in a grand taxi?

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
787 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I get from Asilah to Chefchaouen?

If purchasing an individual seat in a Grand Taxi, you won't be able to travel directly from Tangier to Chefchaouen. You will have to take a Grand Taxi from Tangier to Tetouan, and another taxi from Tetouan to Chefchaouen. The only way of doing Tangier to Chefchaouen direct is to buy out all the seats for your sole use.

5. Re: How do I get from Asilah to Chefchaouen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 06:20