We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help 2 weeks Morocco

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help 2 weeks Morocco

Any advice on our rough itinerary for Morocco would be greatly appreciated!

We are there for 2 weeks, flying in and out of Marrakech.

My partner and I both enjoy just soaking up the atmosphere - he is an avid photographer and I love exploring markets/people watching. We of course want to see the 'highlights' but really just want to get a sense of who and what Morocco is in the short period we are there.

I have never been to a desert before but my partner has been to Egypt/Jordan and did a tour there. As he has done this before he isn't too keen on the desert part of the trip but I would quite like to go.. would you recommend it? or do you think we should cut this out?

I am concerned we are trying to pack too much in- but we do want to see as much as possible.. but then I don't want to be stressed and we both do enjoy just exploring the towns and chatting to locals etc. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

So far our journey looks like this:

26 Dec: - arrive Marrakech

27th – Marrakech

28th – Marrakech

29 – Desert tour starts (book a 4 day, 3 night tour Marrakech to Fes)

30th – desert tour

31st – desert tour

1st Jan – arrive Fes (early evening)

2nd – Fes

3rd –Fes

4th – Fes – Chefchaouen (as early as possible by bus)

5th – Chefchaouen to Fes then catch overnight train to Marrakech

6th – Marrakech to Essaouira by bus

7th – Essaouria - Marrakech

8th - depart Marrakech – London.

Thank you so much!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,037 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help 2 weeks Morocco

i think it is a good itinerary - no changes required!

The only bit that is slightly rushed is the one night in Chefchaouen

do read up on weather averages for Dec as it might be colder than you expect!

Edited: 27 September 2013, 06:17
Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
759 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help 2 weeks Morocco

I agree that overall it looks like a really good itinerary. Have you purchased your airfare yet? If not, you might want to consider flying into Marrakech and out of Fez (or Casablanca) so you don't have to make the big circle or do the overnight train. If you can do that, I would do Essouria at the beginning of the trip and then the desert to Fez. I have not been to Chefchaouen so can not comment on that. Otherwise it all sounds like a good plan!

www,FromHomeToRoam.com

Toronto
Level Contributor
49 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help 2 weeks Morocco

My girlfriend and I will be spending two weeks at the end of November in Marrakech. I like the same things you and your husband do...soaking up the atmosphere and photography. I'll try to remember to send you any additional intel when we return.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help 2 weeks Morocco

For photography tips, including do's and dont's, see here:

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Copy and paste link into your browser or simply type "photography" into the search bar above and click on the green search button. It is important to be aware of local sensitivities when taking photographs. Not that you should experience any difficulties but some people do not like having their photographs taken, especially in rural areas but also in government/army controlled areas (which may not always be obvious). Common sense rules apply of course.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help 2 weeks Morocco

Thanks all so much! Yes unfortunately we were a bit silly and booked in and out of Marrakech before we really thought about our route! Never mind - the overnight train might be an experience in itself! : ) greatly appreciate your feedback!

Toronto
Level Contributor
49 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary help 2 weeks Morocco

Thanks Pilobolus2011. I usually try to exercise sensitivity and common sense. I appreciate that there's also the added opportunism that I may encounter, where someone may expect to be compensated if they feel they've been the subject of a photograph.

7. Re: Itinerary help 2 weeks Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:17