We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco in November.

Kullu, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Morocco in November.

I have planned my itinerary for a 18 day trip to Morocco,could you advise me if I need to tweak it a bit.I am a solo woman traveler from India.Is November a busy season tourist wise?Should I do my bookings in advance?I would like to travel by train and bus.are the timings for the travels accurate???

My itinerary:

11th Nov-Casablanca (arrive in the evening)

12th-Explore city till noon(Hasan Mosque,old and new Medina)

12th-bus or train to Meknes(3 hr ride)

12th and 13th nite in Meknes

13th-explore Meknes(Medina,Granary,Bab Mansaun gate etc)

14th-to Volubilis..1 hour ride

(check in and then go to the ruins)

15th- to Chechaouen (4 hrs ride)

16th-Fes (5 hours ride)

16th and 17th nite in Fes..explore town on 17th

18th-Midlet(4 hours ride)

18th and 19th nite in Midlet..walk the atlas mountains...

20th-Merzouga(5 hours)

20th,21st,22nd-for sahara Camp and travel(book a tour from Fes..?)

23rd-Todra Gorge (4hrs Ride)

24th-Dades Gorge (2 hrs ride)--and Ait Benhaddou (3 hrs ride)

25th -Marakech(3 hrs ride)(maybe go to Agaddir ..National Park to see birds...)

29th-Casablanca

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco in November.

it is a doable itinerary, although you should note that travel by public transport is not so easy outside of the major cities so you may need to use shared grand taxis as well as train and bus.

November is not so busy but booking accomodation in advance is usually a good idea. I would recommed to book your first few destinations and then maybe leave it open around Midelt/Merzouga as you may change your mind about how many nights you want to spend in those places.

a few recommendations:

- don't bother with the old or new medinas in Casablanca, they are nothing compared to the medinas you will see in other cities on your list.

- a better route would be to take bus from Casablanca to Chefchaouen, then from there head to Fes/Meknes

- you should add an extra night in Chefchaouen

- you dont need to stay in Fes and Meknes and Volubilis, you could base yourself for longer in Fes and do Meknes/Volubilis as daytrips

- dont bother with Agadir, do a trip to Essaouira instead.

- check bus and train timetables on oncf.ma and ctm.ma, however do note that there will be other buses available as well but they may not be as comfortable as the main 2 companies.

Feel free to ask other questions.

Kullu, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Morocco in November.

Thank you Nibrika for your inputs.Now I have changed my itinerary as you suggested and am going to Chefchaouen from Casablanca,and from there to Fes as my base for Meknes and Volubilis.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morocco in November.

no problem - enjoy the trip!

Kullu, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morocco in November.

Is Midelt a small town?? I cant seem to find hotels around,I must be doing something wrong??Should I change my iti towards Imlil for Atlas mountains?

5. Re: Morocco in November.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2013, 22:36
Edited: 23 November 2013, 22:36
6. Re: Morocco in November.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2013, 22:36
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,708 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Morocco in November.

If you are going walking around Midelt you could stay at Auberge Jaffar which is 4km to the south west of Midelt, on the way to the Cirque de Jaffar.

8. Re: Morocco in November.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 05:18