We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some questions about desert tour.

Tokyo, Japan
1 post
Save Topic
Some questions about desert tour.

Hi there,

I am a solo traveler and want to travel from Fes to Marrakech via Merzouga, Ait ben haddou etc.

Actually, I'm planning to visit Tanger from Algeciras on November 2 or 3 by ferry, and then I want to visit Chefchaouen, Fes, Merzouga(Sahara Desert) ,Ait ben haddou, Marrakech, at last, I have to go to Casablanca Airport to board a plane on November 9.

So I think it's the best solution that I join a group tour(if there are), or arrange a private tour from Fes to Marrakech 2 nights, 3 days tour on November 5 - November 7.

I want to take a round-trip efficiently because I don't have enough time.

I think it is another solution that I go to Merzouga from Fes by overnight bus (Supratours), join 1 night, 1 day desert tour there and next day, visit Ait ben haddou etc. stay around Ouarzatete at the night, finally head to Marrakech.

Please answer the following questions.

1. I've relieved a few estimate from tour companies, and the lowest price is €500 per person(it's a private tour).Is it reasonable price?

2. Could I arrange the way from Merzouga to Marrakech via Ait ben haddou etc. by public transportations easily?

3. If I would use company's tour, should I make reservation of the tour in advance?

If you have any suggestions or advices for me, Plese reply.

Thank you.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,037 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some questions about desert tour.

2 nights - 3 days will be very stressful I recommend you at least one more day for such trip.

1. 500EUR per person is quite much

2. You can take a Supratour bus to Ouarzazate from Merzouga, it starts at 8AM

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some questions about desert tour.

you need to rethink your whole itinerary, you cannot see all the places you mention in a week

also you should start by going Tarifa to Tangier and not from Algeciras

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,037 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some questions about desert tour.

Yes, that I wrote in your other thread with the same name which is probably removed now. You have only 6-7 days so the best you can do, if you want to not have stressful, stay there up and explore Tangier, Chefchaouen and Fes with surrounding.

Edited: 18 October 2013, 09:04
4. Re: Some questions about desert tour.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 06:20