We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best location

Durham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
best location

Hi All,

looking to travel to Morocco early December '13 and wondering which area would be the best to stay....and is it sake to travel?

Just a weeks photography trip, so historical / cultural sites would be preferable (plus a bit of night life would help :-) )

I'm not one for lying around on the beach, prefer to be active, exploring the surrounds etc.

Agadir? Fez? or some other location?...

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best location

HI,

It's safe to travel. Your intending to visit a big country with lots of different types of places to choose from. Agadir is a beach tourist town so probably not for you. Imperial cities and mountains maybe? Have a look at Marrakech and Fes in more detail. In one week only choose a location, stay there and have a few day trips out of town to break it up.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best location

Head to Marrakech - has a good mix of history, culture and nightlife

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best location

Fez has a different ambiance to Marrakech, where everyone seems to head on. I loved this city, and its old town, I would recommend to go to Fez with your camera ready.

Enjoy your stay!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best location

Funny, everyone recommend every time Marrakech or Fes and forget that there are also other cities, interesting too. Why not for example to go to Taroudant, land in Marrakech and leave it after 1 day and by the car go over Tizi n'Test to Taroudant. And you can try to go to Tafraoute, so you have motive both for the cities and also for landscape which is beautiful around Tafraoute.

Edited: 19 October 2013, 12:13
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best location

Yes there are other destinations but please forget the awful Agadir, Casablanca and Tangiier.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best location

The OP asked for a bit of nightlife - so I would say that conservative cities like Fes and Taroudant are not good suggestions!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best location

... and I actually like Tangier, a little different of other Moroccan cities, but I liked it ☺

8. Re: best location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 06:20