We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi or car rental

portland
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
taxi or car rental

Does anyone know approximate prices for grand or petit taxis to the following places? Or would a car rental be easier for this route? I am having trouble finding info about car rental insurance and not sure how much that will add to the price of a rental. Or do american credit cards car insurance apply ?

We will be traveling as a couple and would likely pay for the whole taxi instead of waiting for it to fill up with other passengers...

Airport to Amizmiz? Are there grand taxis at the airport that would make this trip?

Amizmiz to Marrakesh?

Marrakesh to Essaouira ?

Essaouira to Safi?

Safi to Oualidia?

Oualidia to El Jadida?

El Jadida to Casablanca?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,297 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi or car rental

Hire a car - Im sure you can add car insurance when you book online

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi or car rental

Petit taxis only operate within towns.

All car rental prices *include* insurance. Be aware that most rental cars are stick shift, so if you want a slush box make sure they have some.

portland
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi or car rental

Thanks for your replies. I called my credit card, and am covered but I need to decline the car agencies insurance, so as far as I can tell there would be no more insurance necessary.

From the sounds of it I think the car rental will work out cheaper and easier than taxis. Just didnt want to find out last minute there are different rules for supplementary insurance for driving in Morocco.

4. Re: taxi or car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 05:17