We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget accommodation

Jersey, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
budget accommodation

Hi guys,

im arriving in Fes on the 22nd Dec and will be backpacking for around a month. Do you think its necessary to pre book my rooms or will i be ok winging it? I normally never pre book anything but im not sure how busy places will be around christmas and new years. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers Andy

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,801 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: budget accommodation

Hi,

Christmas/New Year is one of the busiest times of the year here. Maybe book your first few nights to be on the safe side.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: budget accommodation

Definitely high season in touristy areas, so I would book in major towns like Marrakech, try www.hotel-ali.com as one option.

Remote places where tourists don't go much should be fine.

The weather will hopefully be fairly good with warm sun midday but cold mornings/evenings (but no promises). The south will be warmer, and I'd encourage you to look at Taroudannt, Tafraoute and the Ameln Valley, Mirleft and Sidi Ifni. Check places out at http://looklex.com/morocco/index.htm

Hotel Suerte Loca in Sidi Ifni has rooms for as low as 85dh/night (shared facilities in the corridor).

Luton
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: budget accommodation

At that time of year, I'd encourage you to go down south to Jebel Sahro. There are plenty of inexpensive accommodation options on the north side of the mountains in Boumalne du Dades and on the south in Nekob. A trek across the mountain range, requiring four days or more, would be exhilerating and the daytime temperatures should be perfect for walking. (Night times will be chilly, so go prepared, but camping is free!)

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: budget accommodation

Tim has given you excellent advice @2.

You will need to learn how to use trains, buses and shared grande taxis. Use the Search TripAdvisor feature up top of this page.

You will have learned a great deal by the end of your month in Morocco!

Come back here whenever you need to.

Jersey, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: budget accommodation

Thank you all for the suggestions,really great advice and ideas, im currently reading through my lonely planet guide, if/when i have more questions will be back.

Andy

6. Re: budget accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 06:19