We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this 14 day tour Itinerary too much road travel?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is this 14 day tour Itinerary too much road travel?

Arrival Casablanca

1 night Rabat

2 night Chefchaouen

2 night Fes

1 night Midelt

2 night Merzouga

1 night Sahara Desert Camp

1 night Dades Gorge

1 night Ourzazate

2 nights Marrakech

A bit worried this might be too tiring especially with 3 young kids...im planning to use a private tour with 4x4 landcruiser..

Would also appreciate alternative itinerary suggestions. Thanks ahead...

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this 14 day tour Itinerary too much road travel?

Personal opinion? With three youngsters far too much travelling. The distances involved would mean all driving and very little in the way of sightseeing and relaxation. Private tours are very guilty of this. Organise your own tour and try not to achieve too much - Morocco is not a country that can be hurried.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,816 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this 14 day tour Itinerary too much road travel?

I am completely agree with pilobolus! To much travel within 14 day and with young children. They would be tired of so much sitting in the car I suppose. Adult too, honestly. Skip something, you know best what you can skip, but if you can skip Chefchaouen

Rabat - Chefchaouen - Fes is approx 450 km while Rabat Fes only 200 km.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,031 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this 14 day tour Itinerary too much road travel?

Hi,

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293730-i9195-k698…

You have two other answers here. With 3 young children I think you are taking on too much. Relax a bit and spend more time in fewer places. Prioritise what you really want to see and experience in Morocco, it is a big country and travel can be slow. Surely it is better to spend quality time in fewer places than spend the whole holiday being driven from one place to the next?

Edited: 23 November 2013, 00:08
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,053 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this 14 day tour Itinerary too much road travel?

you have 6 nights between Fes and Marrakech - I would cut that down to 4 and add a night each in Fes/Marrakech

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this 14 day tour Itinerary too much road travel?

Thanks for the valuable feedback...much appreciated...

Ive decided to leave out Chefchaouen and spend 3 nights each in Fes and Marrakech...

Appreciate your advice on accomodation areas in Marrakech..is it advisable to stay in a resort type hotel in el mahmid area away from the Medina area..As i have a car and driver that can easily take me around...

Which other areas in Marrakech is recommended for a relaxing accomodation ? Thanks..

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this 14 day tour Itinerary too much road travel?

Staying in an AI resort misses the whole point of the ancient Imperial city of Marrakech. Others of course will disagree. Find a suitable riad within the medina to experience true culture and not some chain hotel's idea of the same.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,031 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this 14 day tour Itinerary too much road travel?

Hi,

What time of year are you planning to visit? If it's going to be hot you'll want a pool for the kids so may prefer a larger hotel. You don't have to go out of town though. Have a look at Les Jardins de la Koutoubia for example. Couldn't be more central but easily reached by car. Riads in Marrakech are probably not suitable with 3 children and usually only have small plunge pools.

8. Re: Is this 14 day tour Itinerary too much road travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 05:17