We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I get a cheaper price of the tour when I am there?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Will I get a cheaper price of the tour when I am there?

Hi travelers,

I got several quotes online about 3-4 days trip from Fes to Marrakech (including the desert tour) for my family (2 adults, one kid). The price is about 80~120 Euro/person/day for the private tour. Is this price acceptable at this season ( Dec., 2013)? Will I get better deal when I book the tour from the hotel in Fes? And lastly, is group tour cheaper and as good? Thanks.

Tom

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I get a cheaper price of the tour when I am there?

Assuming an average of 100 Euros per person per day then a total for four days would be around US$ 1630. Not reasonable. Do not book through your hotel - the commission they charge only adds to your costs. Find a tour agency in Fes instead. I assume that you intend to spend time in Fes and Marrakech? Otherwise you will spend all of your time on the "desert" tour. There is no true desert between the two Imperial cities. This is just a marketing ploy by travel companies.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I get a cheaper price of the tour when I am there?

Thanks, Pilobolus2011. The trip I tried to book is the typical 3-4 days "desert" tour that starts at Fes and ends in Marrakech (not including both cities). I checked many reviews and contacted several recommended tour companies. They all gave me the similar price ( 100 Euros per person per day). My trip to Morocco is in the middle of December. I was wondering if I can get cheaper deal when I am there.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,351 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will I get a cheaper price of the tour when I am there?

Using independent tour operators gives you the chance to negotiate a better deal.

Tour operators, including those operating via hotels, do not offer much (if any) flexibility.

See what is on offer in the indepenents around town and gauge for yourself which is the best deal on offer; don't be afraid to haggle with these either.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,501 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will I get a cheaper price of the tour when I am there?

Otherwise you can rent a car or go by bus, it will sure not cost 100EUR per day and person in any case.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will I get a cheaper price of the tour when I am there?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

6. Re: Will I get a cheaper price of the tour when I am there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:17