We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Mirleft to Marrakech in one day

Oslo, Norway
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting from Mirleft to Marrakech in one day

Hey guys,

We´re about to embark on a two-week trip in Morocco, finishing it off in Mirleft. My question is this, considering transport between Mirleft and Agadir seems to be somewhat erratic: Our flight back home from Marrakech leaves at 15.40, meaning we need to be back in Marrakech at around 14.00. Is it possible to leave Mirleft in the morning to get back to Marrakech at this time? Taking into consideration that we´re going to travel public.

Would greatly appreciate some answers!

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Mirleft to Marrakech in one day

When I'm leaving Sidi Ifni, which is not far from Mirleft, I must take a shared taxi to the transport hub at Inezgane (suburb of Agadir). That trip alone takes about 4 1/2 hours. From Inezgane I then take another shared taxi home to Taroudant, which takes one hour.

Of course you would not be going to Taroudant, but you must understand that from Inezgane to Marrakech would take several hours, even on the freeway. Taxis are faster and don't make stops, buses are more comfortable but do make stops along the way, so slower. Cost is about the same.

My suggestion:

▬ NO. Don't take the chance. Spend your last night in Marrakech. ▬

Oslo, Norway
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Mirleft to Marrakech in one day

Thank you so much for your response! So the 130 km jaunt from Agadir to Mirleft takes up to 4 hours?

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Mirleft to Marrakech in one day

I don't know the exact distance in km. but I do know that it takes about 4 1/2 hours in a shared taxi from Inezgane until I arrive in Sidi Ifni. The taxi to S.I. goes past Mirleft, and one can ask to be dropped off there. The cost to either destination is 55 dirhams.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Mirleft to Marrakech in one day

What Inezgane has to do with Marrakech ?

Leave a day before your flight, take a grand taxi from Mirleft to Tiznit, and from there either another shared grand taxi or a CTM (reliable) bus to Marrakech.

The new highway takes you safely there.

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Mirleft to Marrakech in one day

Directly from Tiznit to Marrakech? I suspect that the bus would stop in Inezgane in any case.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Mirleft to Marrakech in one day

"What Inezgane has to do with Marrakech ?"

It's the transport hub that is directly on the Mirleft > Marrakech route, at which all the buses and grand taxis will stop.

7. Re: Getting from Mirleft to Marrakech in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:18