We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is trains or bus the best

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is trains or bus the best

i am for staying in Marrakesh, Casablanca and Agadir in summer 2014. what is the best mode of transport between these cites

Also what is the best things to see and do in these three places

Is it possible to do a tour from Agadir to Gibraltar

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is trains or bus the best

Hi,

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Train between Marrakech and Casablanca, bus between Marrakech and Agadir but if I may ask, why Casablanca? It's not usually a tourist destination. Essaouira is a more authentic beach resort than Agadir.

Have a look in the things to do tabs at the top of the page for each destination for ideas, reviews and recommendations.

Buy a good guide book for inspiration.

You can't take a tour to Gibraltar from Agadir, have a look at a map ;-)

Edited: 09 December 2013, 11:06
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,976 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is trains or bus the best

How long you will be in Morocco? Think at that you should travel slowly for to enjoy your trip in Morocco. It is big country and long distances.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is trains or bus the best

I meant tangir to gibraltar

I am hoping to be in morrocco for 2 weeks at the end of august

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is trains or bus the best

you can travel between Marrakech, Casablanca and Tangier by train - see oncf.ma for schedules

with 2 weeks you have time to visit other interesting places in Morocco so check some of the itineraries in other threads for inspiration.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is trains or bus the best

Hi,

If you type tangier to gibraltar into the search box on the Tangier forum you'll find lots of useful information from previous posters.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is trains or bus the best

The reason for going to casablanca is that its an important city even if i o ly spend a few days in it.

what are the travel times between (marrakesh and casablanca), (casablanca and tangir) and tangir to marrakesh direct

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is trains or bus the best

Hi,

www.oncf.ma will give you the train schedules and journey times between these cities. Casablanca usually disappoints tourists I'm afraid but it's your choice.

Taroudant, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is trains or bus the best

Hi Steve,

Casablanca is a very large industrial city, lots of traffic and pollution.

BUT. there are places of interest, and good restaurants too. Study your guidebook to determine which places you want to see whilst there. Don't miss Hassan II Mosque.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is trains or bus the best

Would it be better to stay in Rabat rather than Casablanca

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is trains or bus the best

since you have 2 weeks, you are not in a hurry, so I would say Casablanca is worth a 1 night stay - the Hassan II Mosque is a must see so worth a stop just for that.

Rabat is quite underrated and worth a stop as well but probably not more than 1 or 2 nights.

The cities with the most to see and do are Marrakech and Fez - there is also plenty to see outside of the cities in Morocco so get a guidebook and start researching!