We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will Granada, Spain be interesting after visiting Morocco?

Fort Pierce, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Will Granada, Spain be interesting after visiting Morocco?

I have planned 5 days in Morocco (Marrakech) and loosely planned 13 days in Spain (Seville, Madrid, and where-ever else fancies us). In Morocco I am flying into Marrakesh, and in addition to the city I plan to also visit some small villages. I have no idea what to expect from Morocco - but I know that Granada is the Moorish Capital of Spain, and Moorish means North African influence. So I am wondering if the architecture will be similar to Morocco, and if the Alhambra will be similar to Moroccan palaces (Ben Yosef Madersa). Can anybody answer this? Is there any reason beyond the architecture to visit Granada?

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,891 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will Granada, Spain be interesting after visiting Morocco?

Between Granada and Marrakech is anyway a little difference and even the architecture is not the same, even if origin of architecture is the same. Alhambra is big castle can I say ( complex of palace and fort). In Granada you cannot find Medina which is very interesting to visit.

Pity that you want to stay in Morocco only 5 days, can you not add some more day almost?

Edited: 14 December 2013, 12:44
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will Granada, Spain be interesting after visiting Morocco?

Why not? Granada is one of the most beautiful cities in Spain. It could have some similarities with some Morccan cities but it's worth a visit.

Maect

www.unmundoparaviajarlo.com

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,575 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will Granada, Spain be interesting after visiting Morocco?

The Alhambra is an amazing place, often called the 8th Wonder of the World - it is definitely worth a visit.

In my opinion, it is the most impressive building in the whole of Spain and quite different to what you will find in Marrakech.

4. Re: Will Granada, Spain be interesting after visiting Morocco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:17