We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much money for my trip

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
how much money for my trip

- i have already paid for my day trips and hotel

- i am staying 2 weeks

- i am not going to do a lot of shopping -- maybe 1 or 2 small things

- i am a budget traveller

how much money do you think i should bring?

should i bring euros or dirham?

:)

Fes, Morocco
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how much money for my trip

You can easily use the ATM machine while you are there, so I would bring a limited amount of Euros and then enjoy your time. If you run out of money, just use your card...remember to tell your bank you are traveling.

Malpaisillo, Leon
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: how much money for my trip

I would love to hear how you scheduled your day trips and where you got recommendations for tour operators. I will be traveling in JUly with a friend and we are just starting to plan our trip. we also have two weeks scheduled and want to go to Tangier and Gibraltar, too.

Mentioned in this post
Tangier
Tangier
Tangier-Tetouan Region, Morocco
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much money for my trip

See here for previous posts on the subject of spending money:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?q=spending+money&scope=2&ff=9195&geo=293730&returnTo=__2F__ShowTopic__2D__g293730__2D__i9195__2D__k7067188__2D__How__5F__much__5F__money__5F__for__5F__my__5F__trip__2D__Morocco__2E__html

(Copy and paste link into your browser.)

Edited: 29 December 2013, 12:48
Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
34 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much money for my trip

Morocco is cheap compared to Europe. Take euros (new banknotes) 20 Euros a day and you will live comfortably. Check out the section on haggling!

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Europe
Europe
World
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,900 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much money for my trip

Hi,

Have a look in the top questions box on the right of the page regarding banks and money. You don't have to bring currency of any sort with you to cover all your holiday expenses. Bring some Euros if you like for emergencies but use the ATM's as your main source of cash while in Morocco.

Edited: 30 December 2013, 23:30
Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
6. Re: how much money for my trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 06:19