We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Desert

denver, co
Level Contributor
331 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Desert

I am interviewing tour companies for a private tour to Morocco. One of the agents is really discouraging staying in a test in the Sahara. This individual says that the lodging and food is not great and that people are often cold and get sick from the food. What does the group think?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Desert

Hi,

Thousands of happy tourists spend time in the desert every year, I don't think they would continue to do so if there were too many problems.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Desert

Try reading some of the thousands of posts on this topic:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k3995…

and then change your unknowledgeable travel agent!

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Desert

The desert is usually cold at night.

In January / February we are talking usually around 3 to 4 Deg C.

So, yes, it does get very cold.

Some people go unprepared for this and probably do get ill from the cold.

Never heard of anyone getting ill from food in the desert, when they wash their hands prior to eating.

4. Re: Staying in Desert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:22