We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Week Itinerary Help

Ra'anana, Israel
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
2 Week Itinerary Help

Hello,

I intially planned to spend between 3 weeks and a month in Morocco but due to visa issues I can only stay in the country 2 weeks.

I´m landing in Casablanca on Jan 19th and will be leaving from Fes 2 weeks later.

My ´musts´for this trip are:

at least one day in essaouira (my grandparents grew up there)

trekking in the atlas mountains for 2-3 days

Sahara trip (camels or trekking)

and hopefully a couple of days in Fes before leaving.

Do you think this is possible?

The most logical thing I guess would be to go to Essaouira from Casablanca either the day of my arrival or the day after, but I would very much like to hear suggestions about how to proceed from there so I can include the other stuff as well.

What would be a good starting point to some Sahara treks or camel tours?

Thanks in advance,

Roi

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Week Itinerary Help

I would probably to this the opposite way around. I only a fortnight you will be pushed for time. However from Casablanca take the train to Fes first an overnight and a day there and travel through the near desert (the Sahara as such does not exist in Morocco despite tour agencies touting this particular excursion with a photo or two of a sand dune and camels!)

Arrive in Marrakech with its closer proximity to the High Atlas: a couple of days spent in Marrakech and a couple more trekking still leaves you time to visit Essaouira returning to Marrakech for your return to Fes and a day trip from there to say Moulay Idriss, Meknes and Volubilis. A packed holiday, bit doable!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,037 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Week Itinerary Help

I dont think it makes sense to go first to Fes and then back to Fes again at the end of the trip - but as Pilobulos says you are planning a bit too much for 2 weeks perhaps.

I recommend to get the train straight to Marrakech from Casablanca - stay there a couple of days and then from there it is easy to get to Essaouira or the Atlas Mountains for however many days you want. Then you should plan for 3 or even 4 days to get from Marrakech to Fes via the Sahara (Erg Chebbi in Merzouga).

Ra'anana, Israel
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Week Itinerary Help

Do you think it would be possible to get from Marrakech to Ouarzazate, trek around Jebel Sahro for 2 or 3 days, go back to Marrakech and from there do the 3 or 4 day trip to Fes, or is there even a possibility to start a desert trek from Ouarzazate?

4. Re: 2 Week Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 05:17