We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best areas morocco

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
55 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
best areas morocco

I will be travelling to morocco in NOVEMBER 2014, which are the best areas to visit. I will be there for 3 weeks. should I take a set tour? if so which do you suggest?

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best areas morocco

Far too wide a question to answer properly here without writing a book on the subject (and taking into account personal preferences such as sand and sea, mountains, near desert, Imperial cities and so on). For a three week stay it is therefore well worth investing in a guide book (Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, Fodor's etc) which you can read at your leisure and then return to the forum with specific questions.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,511 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best areas morocco

Lonely Planet has six suggested itineraries, all of which you have time for.

Most people stick to two of the imperial cities (Fez and Marrakech) with maybe a trip east to the sand dunes (Erg Chebbi) and a trip west to the coast (Essouira) thrown in. I would encourage you to extend your itinerary to overnight stops in the wider countryside, mountains and rural areas so you experience Morocco off the well-trod tourist route (unless of course, you want to stick to the tourist routes).

Personally I would do some research and then hire a 2WD car (no need for a 4WD) so that you are in charge of your own destiny. Not everyone is OK with this (either the research or driving a stick-shift) and prefer a custom tour.

Even if you do decide on a custom tour you should still do the research so you know what you are agreeing to, and most importantly, have a guide book with you on your travels. I've lost count of the number of people who've spoken in glowing terms about somewhere they've been but don't know where it was because they were being driven and didn't have a map.

3. Re: best areas morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:19