We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week trip in north morocco

Kells, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
2 week trip in north morocco

hi all

i have just booked a cheap return ryanair flight to Tangier for early august. me and fiancee want to do a bit of travel in our 2 weeks but want to stay in northern region so not wanting any bus trips more than 4 hours. outside Tangier at moment there are 2 places we want to go to, chefchaouen (for me) and asilah (for her) to finish with beach time and close to airport. how does 2 days in tangier, 3 days in chefchaouen and maybe 4 days in asilah sound? that leaves maybe 4 days to pick somewhere else in that general area to go to. are there regular buses from Chefchaouen to Asilah? i was also looking at maybe stopping around tetouan enroute from tangier to chefchaouen but not sure if it better to stay there or M'dIq or Martil or open to other suggestions of somewhere along that stretch of coast

thanks

ger

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,376 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 week trip in north morocco

Sounds good. Bothe Chefchaouen and Asilah are good places to visit. Asilah has an annual art festival each June/July and the walls of the medina are covered with wall paintings.

Don't know about direct buses from Chefchaouen to Asilah, my guidebook isn't to hand. It would be a good idea for you to get Lonely Planet guidebook. You will probably find you have to go via a transport hub such as Tetouan.

M'diq isn't my idea of fun, it's got lots of villas that are only used a couple of weeks each year, you could look at Oued Laou which has a couple of hotels.

2. Re: 2 week trip in north morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 07:41