We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st trip to Morocco and need assistance with itinerary

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
77 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
1st trip to Morocco and need assistance with itinerary

Hi

I arrive into Casablanca on the 4th Dec 2014 and have 12 nights available. I have planned the following and would appreciate some guidance -

1 night Casablanca

bus to Chefchaouen - 2 nights

bus to Fez - 1 night

Hire car an drive to Merzouga - 1 night

1 night Desert Camp

1 night Skoura (explore Dades Gorge/Torda)

1 night Quarzazate explore Ait Benhhaddou)

1 night Atlas Montain

2 night Essaouira

drop car off in Essaouira and bus to Marrkesh

2 night Marrakesh

fly to Casablanca an home....

Look forward to advise. As i have one night toooo much, what should i take out? Is the direction correct?

Thanks again

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st trip to Morocco and need assistance with itinerary

Which time you arrive to Casa? If in good time you can get directly to Chefchaouen, you not miss much, if you not spend one night in Casa.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,004 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st trip to Morocco and need assistance with itinerary

the itinerary is too rushed now, dont think you will enjoy it - previously you had talked about 2 weeks which could have been just about doable but with 12 days you will have to cut a couple of places out.

1 night in Fes and 2 in Marrakech is not really enough, whereas you only need 1 night or even a daytrip to Essaouira - in December the weather might not even be that nice for the beach.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
77 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st trip to Morocco and need assistance with itinerary

Hi

We only arrive at 1420. So possibly too late?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
77 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st trip to Morocco and need assistance with itinerary

Mmmm only 12 nights available now unfortunately. My wish list chefchaouen / Marrakech / Atlas Mountains / dades valley / road of 1000 Kasabs /ait Ben haddou / sahara dessert - luxury desert camp / essouria. I am thinking of leaving essouria out completely. I have also left fez out, is that ok or is it a must?

Marrakech, Morocco
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st trip to Morocco and need assistance with itinerary

Hello

Regarding the weather, make sure you bring you winter clothes. Last New Year, many people had problem with cold nights in the desert mainly at the Camps!

You Itineray looks good. Only one thing, you would rather spend more time in Fez. If you come from Chefchaouen in the morning and reach Fez at the evening and you think one evening is enough for you, then your itinerary Is fine.

I hope you will enjoy your trip.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,004 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st trip to Morocco and need assistance with itinerary

Fes is worth a couple of nights at least - you need to stop there anyway as you cant go from Chefchaouen to the desert

You can use googlemaps to see the distances involved

7. Re: 1st trip to Morocco and need assistance with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:22