We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operators - which one?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tour operators - which one?

I usually travel on my own organising everything myself. However, not having travelled to a non first world country before I am going to get a tour company to organise an 8 day tour around Morocco to see the main tourist places. I have narrowed the possibilities down to four companies whose prices differ a reasonable amount. I can see that quite a fair bit of the differing quotes relate to the quality of Riad recommended. However, I have no way of knowing which company to go with. The companies I have shortlisted are Tribes Travel, Experience It Tours, Authentic Morocco and Journey Beyond Travel. I would appreciate your comments on these possible alternatives.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,154 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour operators - which one?

Hi,

You've got reviews for two of the companies here;

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293734-d1…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298350-d3…

and if you type experience it tours into the search box above your post you will find several posts on this company. I can't find any mention of Tribes on the Morocco forums.

Eight days is quite a short time to be travelling around the country and I worry that you will be doing just that, travelling most of the time and not really getting the chance to really enjoy anywhere. If you usually travel independantly you can easily do this in Morocco as well. Basing yourself in one place and taking day trips or overnight stays could easily fill 8 days. Morocco is a big country and travel can be slow. Don't try to "do" Morocco with a tour company if you are the confident type. Buses and trains are comfortable and reliable.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 11:50
Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour operators - which one?

I totally agree with the post above. Transport links are generally good in Morocco and as a developing nation (but certainly not "third world"!) in only 8 days tour companies try to do too much. Pick a couple of locations (Fes and Marrakech for example) and take a couple of day trips elsewhere. Saves on the constant rush and is cheaper too!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour operators - which one?

Thanks very much both shimmin2robertson and pilobolus; very helpful. It's going to be H+W of 67 and 65 who will be away for a month including 3 weeks in Spain and I don't think I want to be lugging luggage around on buses and trains in a fairly different environment. I am thankful that the tour companies are bona fide which I suppose was a main worry. Unfortunately coming from so far around the world we want to make the most of it in the month we will be away and want the trip to be as hassle-free as possible.

4. Re: Tour operators - which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 06:20