We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Atlas Mountains stopover

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Atlas Mountains stopover

Hey Guys,

My partner and I will be in Morocco this April,

we are travelling from Merzouga to Fes and have a night in the Atlas Mountains area.

Our choices are boumalne dades or kelaa mgouna

Can anyone tell me which is the nicer place to stay with the best views?

Thankyou,

Ben Darmody

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,782 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Atlas Mountains stopover

I wouldn't stay *IN* either. The only good hotel in Boumalne is Xaluca but you'd be much better off staying at one of the hotels in the gorge itself, for example, www.kasbah-vallee-dades.com/lgen/default.htm

In El Kelaa you should turn north at the only big junction in town and follow the road for about 7km to http://www.kasbahitran.com/

Telegraph Point...
Level Contributor
161 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Atlas Mountains stopover

neither of those places are on the way from Merzouga to Fes...??

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Atlas Mountains stopover

I should rephrase my wording,

Fes to Marrakech lol

We are going through the gorge and Atlas Mountains

Telegraph Point...
Level Contributor
161 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Atlas Mountains stopover

I recently stayed at Imlil Lodge in Atlas Mtns and would highly recommend it.

Also stayed at Hotel Valentine towards Todra Gorge. (I'd stay at Todra in preference to Dades gorge.)

Chez Brahim at Ait Benhaddou was also pretty good and is well placed for a stopover if you have an extra day available.

5. Re: Where to stay in Atlas Mountains stopover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 10:50
6. Re: Where to stay in Atlas Mountains stopover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:20