We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Availablility of last minute rooms in desert areas in Oct?

North Las Vegas...
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Availablility of last minute rooms in desert areas in Oct?

My sister and I are doing the grand circle from Fez to Marrakesh, driving a rental car. We are independent (though "seniors") and would like NOT to lock in each and every hotel/riad stay en route. We have booked rooms for Fez and Marrakech but wondered if we can wing it as we drive to desert and Atlas mountains. We are traveling last week in September, first in October.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,516 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Availablility of last minute rooms in desert areas in Oct?

Absolutely. I never book ahead unless I want a particular hotel, it's much better to stay loose with your arrangements.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,816 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Availablility of last minute rooms in desert areas in Oct?

Right, you not need to book in advance. But what you can do in any case is that already now through the internet looking at the various accommodation and found a few pieces that you like. It facilitates then upon arrival searching for something and you do not have a lot of tout who come up to your car and will surpass the lot that just his hotel is the best you can find.

There are some accommodation set around Merzouga, others are scattered throughout the area so although it would be good to know in which location where you prefer to stay. If in the village or outside.

3. Re: Availablility of last minute rooms in desert areas in Oct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:17