We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach honeymoon help!

Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
beach honeymoon help!

My husband and I are taking our honeymoon the beginning of July and we are wanting to vacation at a beach resort.

We're interested in beach/water sports and amenities, staying on the beach, entertainment/night life, spa/pampering, and good cuisine. We also would like to do some excursions. As it's our honeymoon, we do want to be pampered and relax, as well. We do not have a city or destination picked out so we are open and would be interested in seeing other places while there.

Suggestions for a beach resort? Is it better to do an all-inclusive plan or not? What all pertains to the all-inclusive for a resort?

Suggestions for excursions and places to visit and things to do?

Thank you!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach honeymoon help!

click the 'Hotels' tab at the top of the page and have a look at options in Agadir where there are several beach resorts

Alternatively there is also Essaouira which has more culture and history than Agadir or finally the Mazagan Beach Resort near El Jadida

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach honeymoon help!

The attraction of Morocco is the exotic culture and magnificent scenery. Yes, there are beach resorts and I guess the two top runners for you would be Agadir or Essaouira, but I don't think they will meet your expectations regarding beach/water facilities and night life.

July is a difficult time for non-beach resorts in Morocco as it will likely be very hot in the interior. Personally I'd look at other countries.

Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach honeymoon help!

Thank you for your help! I didn't know Agadir is the known beach destination. I actually did come across the Mazagan resort and it looks so nice. That's kind of what we are going for. Do you know anything about it?

Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach honeymoon help!

Thank you both for your help! I didn't know Agadir is the known beach destination. I actually did come across the Mazagan resort and it looks so nice. That's kind of what we are going for. Do you know anything about it?

I didn't mean to sound demanding, I thought I would be specific since usually replies typically ask what the poster is looking for. Morocco is definitely where we want to go. I'm not looking for a party every night or surf lessons, we just like the idea of drinks or whatever at night, sunbathing, tours/excursion opportinities, etc.

5. Re: beach honeymoon help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:27