We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days in morocco...itinerary help

Loma Linda...
3 posts
Save Topic
6 days in morocco...itinerary help

hey

I will be flying into casablanca at 8 pm on a saturday night and leaving 6 days later on saturday afternoon. I'm from the USA. Any ideas about planning an itinerary ? I want to hit marrakech and fes. I want to try to fit in a desert night as well. I don't really have any interest in casablanca.

Any tips on how to spend the time?

Thanks!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days in morocco...itinerary help

Hi,

In such a short visit I'd suggest you choose either Marrakech or Fes, stay in your chosen city and have a couple of day trips from there. Forget the desert on this occasion, the distances are too great, you don;t have enough time.

Loma Linda...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days in morocco...itinerary help

Do you have any day trip ideas from fes and Marrakesh

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,326 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days in morocco...itinerary help

Dav, maybe you would buy some guidebook and search there, because you know best what you wish to see and sure you find there many suggestions.

Loma Linda...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 days in morocco...itinerary help

I have. I am interested in the advice of the users of this forum. It's called crowdsourcing

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 days in morocco...itinerary help

In only six days! The near desert is possible in four. Heed the advice of the first reply and choose Fes or Marrakech. Day trips are possible from both. Moullay Idriss (an Islamic centre), Meknes (another Imperial city) and the Roman ruins at Volubilis are possible from Fes. From Marrakech a day trip into the High Atlas mountains Ouirgane or Imlil, or an excursion to the Atlantic, coastal town of Essaouira for example. You do not have time for more exploring!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,209 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 days in morocco...itinerary help

Hi,

If you choose to base yourself in Marrakech and want a "desert like" experience, Agafay is close by;

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293734-d676623…

is just one option there.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,326 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 days in morocco...itinerary help

OK Dav and sorry for my poor advice ☺ But I couldn't advice more than you already got. The desert is far and you have only 6 days so best is to stay in one of those cities and make day trips around.

From Marrakech you can try this Agafay desert, there are not sand dunes, only stones and sand, but you can stay overhinght also and take a camel trek.

If you decide you for Fes so you can hire the car for some day and drive from Fes to Azrou, then towards Meknes and some kilometer after passing crossroad Meknes - Fes you can make a stop and admire the volcanic landscape which calls Itou. Then continue to Meknes - Volubilis and Moullay Idriss.

Edited: 14 March 2014, 19:23
8. Re: 6 days in morocco...itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:18