We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel trek into the Sahara

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,312 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Camel trek into the Sahara

My guided tour says "we head out towards the Erg Chebbi dunes ... transferring to our camels we trek into the Sahara for a night at our Berber Camp ... and an amazing night out under the Saharan stars". I will be there last weekend in May. It is BYO sleeping bag! So what weight do you suggest please? I want to buy a *really* cheap one 'cause I will be leaving it there, along with a pair of bedsocks. I saw one today which says +2 to +7. Does that sound reasonable?

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,071 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Camel trek into the Sahara

Yes, I look forward to your report then, to see also if you was frozen there LOL

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,511 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Camel trek into the Sahara

Best solution is a silk sleeping bag liner. It rolls up to not much bigger than a box of matches. Use in conjunction with the supplied blankets, or just by itself if the weather is hot.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,312 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Camel trek into the Sahara

Silk?

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,071 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Camel trek into the Sahara

actually yes, I've discovered that silk has the nice property that if it is cold, it heats, if it's hot, it cools down

15. Re: Camel trek into the Sahara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:16